Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anywhere cheaper than Bike24?
  • pies
    Free Member

Just about to purchase a Cervelo R2 from them.They come highly rated seller wise, was just wondering if there’s anywhere cheaper?

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;search=cervelo+r2;menu=1000%2C173%2C157;product=101681

TIA.

rOcKeTdOg

Is that the one with cervelo’s own bottom headset “standard”?

pies
    Free Member

Pass?

Recycler
    Free Member

Wow…

Was looking at the R2 too. According to the exchange rate today, it makes it £1,490.29 !! Saving £500 for new wheels.

No postage cost, but is there any import costs etc?

moneytrain81
    Free Member

No import costs on items in the EU as far as I’m aware.

pies
    Free Member

89 euros postage costs. That’s all. Just that comment about the head tube that’s concerned me now.

STATO
    Free Member

We do not sell bikes without consultation. Please contact us!

Will they post abroad? what does the consultation require?

andytherocketeer

should ship overseas.

I think they want to be sure that it’s the right bike (or frame) before shipping at their expense and then having to take a used bike back (at their expense), unnecessarily. I guess they want to be sure they’re selling the right type and size etc. first, which is fair enough.

Use them all the time, but never for bikes/frames.

STATO
    Free Member

Possible they might not ship some frames/bikes to UK due to distributor restrictions?

andytherocketeer

They definitely won’t ship Spesh stuff outside of Germany.
    It’ll say on the page if there is such a restriction.

rOcKeTdOg

Cervélo in-house testings revealed advantages with a tapered front end but the commonly accepted 1-1/8″ to 1 1/2″ standard was actually too rigid. Cervélo ultimately settled on a ‘sweet spot’ of 1 3/8″, using a new lower headset standard.

STATO
    Free Member

Cervélo ultimately settled on a ‘sweet spot’ of 1 3/8″, using a new lower headset standard.

As also used by specialized amongst others and available from cane-creek, wheels mfg etc. Id not worry about it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere cheaper than Bike24?’ is closed to new replies.