Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • anywhere cheaper for XTR groupset and rockshox than actionsports?
  • sam_underhill

actionsports seem to have awesome prices on XTR groupsets and Rockshox SID rlt ti that are on my shopping list, even with a crappy euro exchange rate. Anywhere else I need to look?

bigyinn
    Free Member

rosebikes.co.uk?

uplink
    Free Member

Are the XTR levers ambidextrous? – I presume the Actionbikes ship euro style?

Or do you lean that way anyway?

peteimpreza

Have you tried Merlin?

sam_underhill

Are the XTR levers ambidextrous?

No but even if the hoses don’t need shortening it’s not much effort to swap round, quick bleed, job done.

Have you tried Merlin?

Not bad prices there actually, but their triple groupset comes with race brakes and I think I want the trails.

peteimpreza

Did you sign up/login as a VIP customer for the extra discount?

mrbump
    Free Member

u can’t beat merlins prices ,they’re magic!

mrbump
    Free Member

just bought 2011 revelation rl 140mm 20mm maxle for £298!!

sam_underhill

Thanks for the tip re: Merlin VIP.
    Sadly Merlin SIDs are QR and I want 15mm, and the brakes are wrong on the groupsets. Otherwise great prices!

EDIT: they aren’t wrong. They’re just wrong for a fussy bar steward like me.

duir
    Free Member

Sounds suspiciously like “activesportskit.com” an online company that went bust a while back while still in posession of m warranty Pikes. They were horrendous to deal with and refused to even try to warranty them at first in the end I went directly to the distributor to get them back.

Could just be co-incidence of course…..

sam_underhill

There has been a few happy customers on here from actionsports of late.

Activesportskit was a uk company right? actionsports is a german company. I’d be surprised if they were the same thing.

footflaps

Bought my XTR groupset from Merlin – brakes need swapping over, but it’s a 5 minute job.

slowrider
    Free Member

Me

For a new xtr rear mech anyway…

warpcow
    Free Member

actionsports are entirely German, nothing to do with Mark Anthony (wasn’t that Activesportkit?).

Give bike-discount.de a try too. They always seem to be in direct competition with actionsports for being cheapest on Shimano.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘anywhere cheaper for XTR groupset and rockshox than actionsports?’ is closed to new replies.