Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anything to consider over a Bird Aeris?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Price & spec wise?

Whyte T 130 S is one.

For a mate, not for me.

Ta.

honourablegeorge

Canyon Spectral EX?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Errr sort of. I considered a second-hand Spitfire, and bought one. It was between the two for me, and in the end a wanted ad on here threw up a near immaculate Spitfire with 650b drop-outs and ccdb air for cheaper than a new Aeris.

qwerty
    Free Member

Ta, he’s looking new for 0%.

ravingdave

hi,

rode both Aeris and T130s. brought the T130. not regretted it one bit. T130s perfectly suited the riding I do. general trail riding and trail centres

leftyboy
    Free Member

Hi I ride a T-130 Works my mate has the Aeris with a very similar spec, both ride really well. We do local riding around Winchester for which both are a bit overkill but on a recent trip to Afan and BPW they both shone. I’ve had zero problems with my whyte my mate’s had 2 issues with his Aeris BUT Bird sorted them while we waited as he is often near Bracknell and was able to pop in.

I’ve now got a Bird Zero TR hardtail and that’s also excellent but I don’t think that helps 🙂

I doubt you can get the Aeris on 0% ?

Rosss
    Free Member

Slight hijack, but LeftyBoy could you tell me how the TR performs on longer rides, I’m considering one as a winter trail bike for longer rides to go with my full suss!

qwerty
    Free Member

0% on CC

leftyboy
    Free Member

@Rosss Only done 3 rides totalling about 50 miles so far. Last night we did 20 miles, me coughing and spluttering with a heavy cold, and the ground was quite hard and unforgiving. The Zero TR felt great, the rear end is much less harsh than I was expecting for the type of frame it is. The geometry is very similar to my Whyte and it rides accordingly, I need to rotate the bars a touch and slide the saddle back about 5mm or so to get it ‘dialled’ in.

I’m heading up to Swinley next week for a night ride with the boys and I’m thinking of taking the Bird to see how it does. I’ll report back.

So far I’d say it’s comy for a 20 mile roughish ride and I’d guess it’ll be fine for longer rides.

SirHC

Very good value for money: http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant-trance-27-5-1-2015.html

Can’t fault my Trance, ride xc/trail centres/off piste (bucknell, bringewood, hopton, eastridge).

chrishc777
    Free Member

As an aside you can do second hand 0% on CC simply by using PayPal

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anything to consider over a Bird Aeris?’ is closed to new replies.