Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anything similar to an exposure joystick as a commuter helmet light but cheaper?
  • mosschops
    Free Member

Seen a few people wearing helmets with what look like joysticks – would be good to get one but can’t stomach the £145

Seen the Topeak version but looks a bit crap

Any others people recommend?

cheers

MC

CraigW
    Free Member

A Fenix torch?

Lummox

Exposure spark, believe its a budget version. Seen it online under £80

Baldysquirt

NiteRider do their cordless minewts now and Light & motion still do the Vega. Both are similar (not as powerful) and cheaper.

TooTall
    Free Member

Do you need a helmet light that powerful for commuting? I don’t need more than I put on the bars.

ahwiles
    Free Member

fenix L2D

torch: £45

batteries + charger: £20

it’s about 2/3rds of the performance of a a joystick, for way less than half the price.

br
    Free Member

I use a small Tesco’s LED torch as a helmet light (along with a L&M HID on the bars) for mtb’ing. Can’t see why it wouldn’t work.

ross980
    Free Member

it’s nowhere near as bright and is obviously a budget option but you could use an Alpkit Gamma headtorch for commuting (wouldn’t use it for mtb though). 51 lumen on full, red LED on the battery pack so should help you be seen. For £12.50 you could just butcher the strap to make it fit over a helmet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anything similar to an exposure joystick as a commuter helmet light but cheaper?’ is closed to new replies.