Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anything rideable around Berlin?
  • moridinbg
    Free Member

I am moving to Berlin for a month or two and I was wandering if there is anything worth bringing the mtb? Like something with at least some descent – 200-300m. I am totally not interested in flat cross country opportunities (:

avdave2

If there is anywhere this side of Bonneville Salt Flats flatter than Berlin I’ve not been there. However it’s a great city and a couple of months there will be a fantastic experience.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

None that I can remember but we didnt explore that far out of the city. It looked like it was very fixie-centric and there are a few fixie shop/cafes opposite the East Side Gallery on the south side of the Spree, there is a velodrome in Berlin too but I dont know if they do public sessions though I’d be surprised if they didnt. None of which I acknowledge answers your question!…

moridinbg
    Free Member

Well, it can be a few miles out of city, but still doable in a day with train. Kind of like Surry Hills or Aston Hill around London… There isn’t much English info and my German is zero (yet).

RoterStern
    Free Member

Unfortunately Berlin is almost completely flat. The only hills are the ones made by the destroyed houses from the WW2 bombing. There is however a huge forest to the south west of the city and lots of lakes. The nearest real mountains are the Harz mountains which you could reach in 2 hours by car/train from Berlin. Look up Brocken mountain or Braunlage. To the south east a few hours away is the Zittau Mountains I was here a few weeks ago and met quite a few MTBers from Berlin who drove over for the day even though it must have been a four hour drive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anything rideable around Berlin?’ is closed to new replies.