Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anything other than Bose Quiet Comfort to consider for decent headphones?
  • reluctantlondoner

Had a pair of QCs for about 10 years, which I have loved for travelling and sticking on in the office. They are a bit knackered and tatty now, so I’m thinking it might be time to go bluetooth.

Should I go straight for a new pair of QCs, or are there other noise cancellers to consider too?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you need the noise cancelling bit, QC35 are excellent. If you don’t, they’re expensive headphones.

For travel, I wouldn’t be without mine. Being cordless is great in airports, through security etc. No cables getting in the way. Button on them to skip tracks/pause etc. Then, on board, they’re really comfortable, and the sound is superb, especially the noise cancelling bit.

Highly recommended. As long as you need the noise cancelling bit!

reluctantlondoner

I reckon noise cancelling is life changing 🙂

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I adore my QC’s but cleverer people than me say they don’t sound good, I think they sound great and I’d love the 35’s. 15’s go for about £100 on eBay.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rockhopper, they don’t sound as good as top end hifi boresnob headphones, true. However those same hifi boresnob headphones will never sound as good as the Bose on a flight.

reluctantlondoner

In fairness I don’t fly as much as I used to at the moment, so I have been wondering about hifi headphones (not that I can honestly tell the difference), but I think the noise cancelling works to drown out office dorks. I quite often just stick the headphones on without listening to anything…

thatscold
    Free Member

I was going to get the Bose Q35’s but after lots of research and listening I ended up with the Sony MDR-1000X.

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Sony h.ear MDR100ABN for me. Excellent sound quality, noise cancelling and bluetooth. Can be used with cable when the battery runs out (although thats 20 hours …apparently). I like them.

CountZero

A halfway decent pair of canalphones do the job just as well, are nowhere near as bulky as headphones, and cables aren’t that much of a bother anyway, at least, not as much of a bother as having to plug a cable in to charge the damned things with monotonous regularity if they’re Bluetooth.

grantmccall63
    Free Member

PSB M4U2. Great set of phones, noise cancelling may not be as good as Bose but you’re buying something different and they are lovely in white.

reluctantlondoner

Some great recommendations – thanks people.

@ CountZero – I like the fact they are bulky. Very helpful in warding off unwarranted office conversations 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anything other than Bose Quiet Comfort to consider for decent headphones?’ is closed to new replies.