Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anything like the Pole Evolink 150 without the price tag?
  • tymbian
    Free Member

As much as I like the look and Geo of the Pole the frame only price of £2.5k is too steep for me. I’m looking at building a bike for the more gravity biased trails. I currently have a 2014 Spesh E29 that needs to be quite a few degrees slacker (HA) with a steeper SA. I don’t mind the 29″ wheels although fancy a wide rimmed 650b 2.5/2.7 ish wheel build..

plecostomus
    Free Member

Save more money then buy one?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bird aeris?

If you want 2.7″ tyres you’re likely to need to look at 29er or 650b+ frames though.

chiefgrooveguru

Bird Aeris will get you the length unless you’re after the biggest size. Stick a Works -2 deg headset in to get the head angle. 2.7 front, 2.5 rear should fit fine, though I’d go skinnier in the mud.

I’m running my Spitfire with one of those headsets and finding a 64 deg head angle is great, despite it being a 140mm bike. Currently has 2.5/2.3 Shortys which seem to work in all winter conditions.

tymbian
    Free Member

Bumping up for the first page only readers and the evening crowd..

chakaping
    Free Member

Well Mondrakers and Whytes are pretty long as well – and can be slackened by the same methods as above.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Bird is prob as long as you’ll get unless you want Pole/Geomotron £££. Mondraker get almost there, but most others get left behind by a fair way (looking at reach). as mentioned above, angles can usually be adjusted anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anything like the Pole Evolink 150 without the price tag?’ is closed to new replies.