Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anything else I should consider? (WATCH content)
  • bradley
    Free Member

So getting a watch for my birthday and budget is £200 not massive I know but I’ve never had a good watch before so just testing the water.

I like the look/feel of this Citizen Titanium Date

Anything else worth looking at? Must be from H.Samuels though for the critical reason that a friend of a friend of a friend etc etc will get me 30% off the £200.

beej

I’ve got one of them, it’s very thin and light. Shiny but not garish, plus it should never stop. Good for a small wrist.

bradley
    Free Member

I had a hold of one in the store today and it is very light but I think I’d like that. Why do you say ideal for small wrists? I tried on a more weightier Citizen and Seiko, liked them both but prefer the look of this one although it feels so light like it won’t last?

bradley
    Free Member

Bump for those no longer at work…

CountZero

Nice looking watch, classic styled face, sleek case/strap design, it’s Titanium, so pretty tough but very light, and you like it. Seems like every box has been ticked there.
    Citizen EcoDrive watches are pretty well regarded, the only other watch I’d suggest would be a Seiko, because I have two, and I like them very much, but that’s my taste, not yours.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d be another champion for Seiko watches. I have two and they really are very good indeed.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have a Nite MX10 in gunmetal steel matching case and bracelet. It only has a date window but has the self illuminating batons and hands and is fine for swimming etc etc.
    http://www.nitewatches.co.uk/shop/mx10/MX10-201GS
    If you shop around, I got the watch on rubber bracelet for a steal then bought the matching bracelet within your budget.
    Downsides are that its £50 a service with all new seals and battery every five years.
    My next watch purchase will be this
    http://www.g-shock.co.uk/premiumlist.aspx?cat=1 G Shock Aviator

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

H Samuel eh, must be available cheaper elsewhere if that is the watch you want…

unovolo
    Free Member

Not blown away by the Citizen personally ,it may be technically good? but looks a bit bland to me,certainly does not look like £200 worth of watch.

If it has to be something from H.Samuels then my choice would be for something like this Bulova.
    http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/9562494/bulova+marine+star+men%27s+black+dial+strap+watch/

If I was getting a watch in the region of £200 I’d be over to Timefactors and Looking at the Precistas and Smiths watches from Eddie on there.

beej

I said good for a small wrist, not ideal.

Good, because I think huge fat watches on small wrists look stupid, and smaller, thinner watches on fat wrists look equally stupid.

bradley
    Free Member

2unfit2ride and others regarding price, it’s £199 with 30% off so £139.

I’m not a fan of the chronograph dials on watches I think it looks to busy. There’s a nice blue dial Seiko I like but not 100% sold on either of them yet so still hunting around…

I liked the look of Bulova watches with the creeping second hand but I dislike strap watches?

martymac

i had a lower end eco drive watch, it never stopped.
    but it never kept good time either, it would be 2 minutes fast, then the next day it would be the right time, almost as if the minute hand was loose or something.
    i sent it off to get repaired under warranty but they couldnt find anything wrong with it.
    i wouldnt buy another.

jimw
    Free Member

I have an eleven year old Citizen titanium ecodrive chronograph. It has been faultless, no worries about battery changing etc. i use it as my daily alarm. Very comfortable and the strap, bezel and case have no appreciable sign of wear. Very highly recommended.
    Edit. Still Keeps to within 5 sec per month. I check it against radio controlled timepeice, may have been lucky?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anything else I should consider? (WATCH content)’ is closed to new replies.