Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anything available to stop bars spinning/levers hitting toptube?
  • trialsguru
    Free Member

Does anyone know if there is anything available to stop brake levers/gear shifters hitting my nice shiny carbon toptube if/when I take a tumble?

Canyon do a nice integrated headset piece, is there anything out there that can replicate that?

njee20
    Free Member

Pipe lagging and zip ties?

Jamie
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trialsguru
    Free Member

hmm yummy!

does nobody make a stem stacker thats secured to the steerer or even a headset with internal stops?

seems like there’s no solution to a common problem :-/

AlexSimon

http://www.acros.de/PRODUKTE/STEUERSATZ/BLOCKLOCK:::3_91_145.html?language=en

But how will you do tailwhips now!

ninfan
    Free Member

I think the easiest answer would be a spacer or slightly higher rise stem

fingerbang
    Free Member

stem spacers? – otherwise how do you manage to do bar spins and X ups out on the trail?

Stevet1
    Free Member

Fit some nice double crown forks like these

walleater

I did try and find a Roach top tube pad (seeing that they were made a few blocks from my apartment….) but it was surprisingly hard. I like my stem and bar combo so why compromise on that? I ended up using a BMX handlebar pad! I had to cut out some of the foam in order for the cover to wrap around the top tube.

I guess I could cut it down and re-stitch it to make it smaller but I can’t be arsed. Those headset cup things are interesting but I wouldn’t want the handlebar travel being limited too much in case anything got damaged in a crash.

SamB
    Free Member

Change the angle of your brake levers to something a bit less pointy-downy?

ks562
    Free Member

My new carbon hardtail came with an FSA headblock headset. It stops the bars spinning and hitting the frame. Mentioned in this post: http://flowmountainbike.com/tests/racing-with-the-merida-team-in-your-own-backyard/ not sure if you can buy one from new.

I’ve taken mine out though as I wanted my stem lower and couldn’t see any way in which the bars would hit the frame.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Sorry didn’t notice OOS seems like hard to find anywhere else too

5thElefant
    Free Member

In the olden days on motocross bikes you’d leave the lever mounts loose enough that they’d move with a slight knock to avoid broken levers in a crash. Won’t stop contact but it’ll stop damage.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anything available to stop bars spinning/levers hitting toptube?’ is closed to new replies.