Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • anyone work with leather??
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening…
    as part of my knife making i will be making the sheaths for the blades, previously i have made do with the basic tools i have, knives, drill, needle and thread. now however i want to do a proper job. so what do people recommend as a basic tool kit for leather work.
    cheers

daftvader
    Free Member

bump for the saturday people

Speshpaul

If you haven’t been there already have a look at the British Blades forum. Lots of how to’s

Harry_the_Spider

Disappointing thread is disappointing.

unovolo
    Free Member

Have a look HEREthey can supply all the tools you need but have free tutorials on the right hand side of the page to help get you going.

I bought a starter kit from them (Needles,Thread,Wax,Awl,Skiver etc) to make a Holster for a Gerber multitool.

daftvader
    Free Member

sorry harry… i could probably do that with a couple of bin bags and some duc tape… 😆
    spesh paul. yes i have had a trawl through there, loads of help there. but im not a member there yet and this place seems to generally know everything!
    unovolo… i have looked there but all the uk sites seem to be selling at ridiculous prices (see tandy leather!!!)
    as it happens i have now sourced everything i need from the bay. will see how long the stuff lasts. cheers for the help chaps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anyone work with leather??’ is closed to new replies.