Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone with soldering and cable skills in Leeds? will pay
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I’ve got a DX light and need some new connectors attaching to the battery and lamp.

Anyone interested in making a buck?

Will drop and and collect, just need it doing

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You need Troutie, what is north of Bradford. He makes lights and that.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Where abouts are you based? I’m in Baildon, I could do connections to the lamp but direct soldering to batteries is a bit more iffy. Is it direct to the metal of the battery or is their some kind of clip attached to the battery?

To be honest soldering is easy, and you can get an iron and solder kit for next to nothing. Handy thing to have anyhow.

Trout is your man though, he lives NW Bradford though, the other side of Keighley.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Its literally fitting new male/female connectors to the cables; I’d feel a bit rude asking Troutie given its folk like me buying £40 lamps from Hong Kong that make it difficult for homegrown talent like his to prosper.

Dunc, I’ll see if anyone more local replys but might drop you a line if thats alright.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yep no probs, thats very easy to do, you could buy this for £8 and do it yourself

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/heat-guns+soldering-irons/wilko-soldering-iron-30w/invt/0209034/

yoda
    Free Member

More local to Leeds than Baildon, for someone to do a favour?
    Jeesh! Moon on a stick and all that! 😀

Sancho
    Free Member

Pop it down to my shop (Crosstrax) and Ill take care of it, Ive just re-wired a Honda CRM so Im pretty good if I say so myself

yoda
    Free Member

Big ‘Ed! (see what I did there?) 😆

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Cheers Sancho, Rodley or Otley Road?

Sancho
    Free Member

Saturday Ill be in Adel (Otley Road)
    Yoda remind me to take the solder and soldering iron to Adel on Saturday 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with soldering and cable skills in Leeds? will pay’ is closed to new replies.