Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anyone with experience of motorbike intercoms?
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

There are hundreds to choose from on ebay, with many at around £10, right up to £400+

I’m a firm believer in you get what you pay for, but I simply won’t be paying £400.
    So does anyone have any recommendations around the £50-£150 mark?

It’s for rider+pillion set up so not worried about linking to other bikes, I’m liking the idea of bluetooth connectivity, perhaps something that both can listen to music through.
    Obviously first choice is something crystal clear, that doesn’t run flat in 30mins and easy to use.

iamtheresurrection

We sell SMH10s by SENA more than anything else, and it’s what I use myself. They are a bit over £300 a pair (can’t remember exactly) but they are the best I’ve tried so far. Range is up to 500m comfortably, battery life is good and the call quality is good too. They appear to be on eBay pretty cheap too.

My disappointment would be the volume they go is a bit low. Fine without earplugs but a bit low with well inserted plugs. The best thing about them is the simple interface and big control knob that’s dead easy in gloves.

At your budget, look at wired units. £100 will not likely get you anything worth having wireless. Unless somebody knows better…

rickmeister

I have an autocom unit I havnt used for a while.. interested ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I used to be an instructor. The school radios sucked so I bought an autocom for my bike. Like you, I believe you get what you pay for. Customer service and spares are good. Just remember to set the mike up against your lips and project through it when you speak.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Me and the mrs tried them.
    I found she makes brmmm brmmmmmm noises whilst riding her bike 😯

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I had a Cardo… kind of worked, but not very well. Something that needs reconsidered before next time I get away on a tour though.

Cougar

The advice given to me years ago is, there’s Autocom, and everything else. Dunno how true that is personally.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I have an autocom unit I havnt used for a while.. interested ?

I guess so!
    Willing to sell it?

dan1980
    Free Member

Me and the mrs tried them.
    I found she makes brmmm brmmmmmm noises whilst riding her bike

Doesn’t everyone? :mrgreen:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anyone with experience of motorbike intercoms?’ is closed to new replies.