Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone with experience of ICAN carbon frames/forks?
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

£350 seems a decent price for a full carbon CD disk frame and forks, especially as it says it’s got mudguard mounts front and rear which seem as are as hens teeth.

Obviousl it’s not some Chinerelo ripoff frameset, presume ICAN are likely to be the kind of factory that produces the generic frames you see stickered up for Ribble etc.

Hopefully some some reassuring stories amongst the list of broken forks/teeth people have suffered…?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve been looking into this for a fatbike frame and it seems most of the companies you see selling this carbon don’t actually make it as the styles can be the same throughout differing sellers. I’ve read of plenty of happy fatbike owners on mtbr using these people.

Jason
    Free Member

I have been riding one for about a month. It sounds like the same frame you are looking at. Dealing with Ican was very good, they were quick to respond to emails, and shipping was pretty prompt with the frame well packaged. The frame and fork quality appears to be good, I thoughly checked it over and couldn’t find any issues. Frame inserts supplied for normal cables or Di2.

I have built mine up as more of a road bike, and have clocked up just under 500 miles so far, including two 100+ mile rides.

Only issue I have spotted is a bit of rust coming from the lower headset bearing, the headset was included with the frame and looked fairly cheap. They are standard bearing, so I will change them at some stage.

So far I am very happy with it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dobo
    Free Member

I got 29er 15mm axle forks from ICAN, delivery and comms were fine. you just need to factor in shipping and customs.
    Only used them 100km but no problems so far, lets hope it stays that way.

plus-one

Yes friend has one with full guards and loves it .. 5 months no problems ..

rickmeister

Guy on UK fatbikes has an icanbikes fatty frames and wheel set, seems very happy and its holding up really well too

njee20
    Free Member

Saw yours on FB Jason, I do like that a lot! Must… stay… away…

dobo
    Free Member

you need a stealth black water bottle though 😉

can you get 35mm tyres in the front and back? whats the max do you think?

Jason
    Free Member

Yes water bottle lets it down.

Currently using 28mm road tyres, but 35mm tyres will easily fit in the frame and forks. It is their CX frame so lots of clearance.

The tightest clearance is at the chain stays. I think this was a 32mm tyre I tested in the frame:

dobo
    Free Member

damn it, wish you hadnt of said that 😉 thanks for the info though

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with experience of ICAN carbon frames/forks?’ is closed to new replies.