Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone with Dinotte lights (the battery ones)
  • mikey74
    Free Member

How do you stop the contact from coming away from the battery holder? It has happened several times now, all on very dark sections of road. It is getting a little annoying, not to mention dangerous.

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Never had a problem with the clip, but had a bit of corrosion on battery holder. Get a new battery holder from maplins. Tease the contacts in a bit on the connector coming from the lamp with a pair of pliars to tighten their grip a bit.

mikey74
    Free Member

I am using a new holder from Maplin. I'll see if the contact flanges need bending in a bit – good thinking. I would actually like to solder the connector in place, but that probably wouldn't be a good idea, given the flimsyness of the battery holder.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I wrap some tape around the batteries (as they kept coming out of the holder) then some tape 'the other way' to stop the contacts falling off.

I've got the rear light and it's great when it's not randomly going off because of a battery issue. No probs since I started taping them up though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with Dinotte lights (the battery ones)’ is closed to new replies.