• This topic has 76 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • anyone with bluetooth speaker on handle bars?
  • drlex
    Free Member

I had a strong word with myself and won:

avdave2

Can you tell avdave2 what it’s like to commute!

Funny enough I do it every day.

Can be a bit quiet at 5 am in the morning

I didn’t think you were allowed to do a paper round that early.

wordnumb
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr82dZpCr48[/video]

TooTall
    Free Member

You know those really annoying kids who have to have some crap music playing on their mobile phone speaker just to walk around with?

That’s you. On a bike.

LMT
    Free Member

I was thinking as a vocal sat nav, or msgs received maybe? like cyclemeter talks to you through your headphones maybe a serious application for the Bluetooth speaker, as for music well each to there own.

nickc

There was a bloke doing this a few months ago at Cannock, only his speakers were in his camelback. he was playing the shitiest (and trust me I’ve heard some shit) house IN THE WORLD…

OP get some headphones, please.

skindog
    Free Member

Is it worse to have a post totally ignored than a post with 50 mocking but hilarious responses?

hora
    Free Member

Quiet at 5am? Are you scared/bored of your own company?

One of the things I love about a tranquil bike ride is the ability to get lost in my own thoughts.

I dont want to hear James Blunt telling me Cos Im beautiful in his posh-yodelling singing voice.

As for pricks? Classy. You’ll fit right in with the sub-forum dweller section OP.

hora
    Free Member

Quiet at 5am? Are you scared/bored of your own company?

One of the things I love about a tranquil bike ride is the ability to get lost in my own thoughts.

I dont want to hear James Blunt telling me Cos Im beautiful in his posh-yodelling singing voice.

As for pricks? Classy. You’ll fit right in with the sub-forum dweller section OP.

belugabob
    Free Member

Anyone done this before?

Plenty of people, but nobody ever found the bodies. 😉

Rob Jackson enjoy life instead of telling people how not too.

There I was, enjoying my life,by taking a commute at 5AM (ish) when things were suddenly ruined by some eejit playing music through speakers attached to his bike.

rOcKeTdOg

There was a bloke doing this a few months ago at Cannock, only his speakers were in his camelback. he was playing the shitiest (and trust me I’ve heard some shit) house IN THE WORLD…

I rode with a group of guys I didn’t know & one was doing this….until it rained 🙂

Northwind

In-ear sports headphone thing, chop off one of the headphones, listen to music in left ear and listen to outside world in right ear, without being a pain in the arse.

When I marshall stuff I usually take a little speaker, I’ve had people in the midst of downhill race runs sing along or shout reviews as they pass.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

One of the joys of my 5am 17 mile commute was the eery starlit tranquility, the silence slowly broken by the sounds of the rest of the world waking up as I passed stealthily by. On the rural stretches I’d kill my lights too. Each to their own.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Rob Jackson enjoy life instead of telling people how not too.

Too what?

Just re-reading this and sorry I was wrong earlier, you weren’t being harsh when you said you were a prick 🙂

as for enjoying life, today is day 6 of holidays, spent watching a band with my missus, kid, and friends, followed by the pub for lunch, camping show this arvo, wood collecting early eve, then beer and tv. Yup shit unenjoyable life #guttedtonothavebarspeakers

taxi25
    Free Member

Using only one stereo earphone is rubbish !! I’m deaf in one ear so use these.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XDU-Single-Stereo-to-mono-Noise-Isolating-Earphone-In-Ear-/151259512550?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item2337c4fee6
    Much better than hearing half of the music. Still no use to me for riding, but just the job if you’ve got two working ears.

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t understand this. I commute, I’ve never felt the need to listen to anything. I can listen at work and listen at home, I can handle a 45 minute gap.

Only time I have ever listened to music on a bike (as an adult) was during a 24 hour solo. Actually that wasn’t even music, it was Radio 4 🙂

jacob46
    Free Member

Molgrips get a life and take the missus out clubbing. They cope for all ages now! Music makes you happy and some of us don’t have the privilege of listening to anything at work apart from **** machines. And as for radio 4 well, can I just say that in the next election you won’t win this time.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

I rode with a group of guys I didn’t know & one was doing this….until it rained

Ben was on about putting a speaker on his bike at one point!

molgrips
    Free Member

Molgrips get a life

You haven’t got much of a clue have you?

Jamie
    Free Member

Surely the thing here, is that everyone likes different things.

However, when enjoying our differences we should also be considerate to others. So if you like listening to tunes while riding, then maybe consider using headphones. In respect for those out at 5am who might like the peace and quite first thing.

iain1775
    Free Member

5am commute, all on your own?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30ncv57LwRY[/video]

Yeah keep it to yourself petal

Northwind

taxi25 – Member

Using only one stereo earphone is rubbish

Obviously you don’t run it in stereo! Any decent device’ll have the option to switch to mono these days.

shermer75
    Free Member

Can u mono an iPod? That would be useful..

fervouredimage
    Free Member

as for enjoying life, today is day 6 of holidays, spent watching a band with my missus, kid, and friends, followed by the pub for lunch, camping show this arvo, wood collecting early eve, then beer and tv. Yup shit unenjoyable life #guttedtonothavebarspeakers

#deeplyinsecure

nikk
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiaU_nSmN14[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s a strange and changing world where people can’t manage some silence. Out on the bike is one of the few places now where I don’t have to listen or interact with anything other than nature. It’s great.

Give your brain some time off and enjoy it, most people rolling along early in the morning would probably get annoyed having to listen to whatever you wanted to.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with listening to music on the bike, it’s about the only time I get to listen to music. Using earphones obviously as I’m a grown up.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Like Skullfist??????
    Check out WHITE WIZZARD!!!!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfnIBnz2_zw[/video]

GNARMUZAK

rickon
    Free Member

Bigger wheels are more likely to cause front wheel lift on climbs,
    Not that it really matters but that’s nonsense.

Genius. That’s a proper STW comment, now you’re getting the hang of it.

However, I listen to Radio 4 and I’m not a Tory. I’m just posh.

sweepy
    Free Member

I got a one good bud earphone, stereo to mono and not too loud. I find it ideal for transport cycling.

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyIMQAdkhAA[/video]

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

Hey OP, don’t listen to all the grumpy grandads in this thread.

TO really look the part duct tape a boombox to a chopper and crank up the tunes, preferably the soundtrack to an 80s movie with a good montage.

cynic-al
    Free Member

This thread delivers, thanks OP!

hora
    Free Member

Do it Op. top gun

Mister-P
    Free Member
    wonnyj
    Free Member

Yesterday I saw an old guy blaring out Metallica on a cycle path. He had a huge grin on his face and that made me smile too.

OP just get some speakers and don’t let the pricks get you down!

Drac

TO really look the part duct tape a boombox to a chopper and crank up the tunes, preferably the soundtrack to an 80s movie with a good montage.

Let’s go!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmfd9etbXGE[/video]

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘anyone with bluetooth speaker on handle bars?’ is closed to new replies.