Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone With AUTOCAD (or similar) able to help me out…?
  • mboy
    Free Member

I need a quick(ish) favour…

I want to overlay the geometries of 2 bikes over each other, in order to pick out the crucial contact points. The problem I have is that not all crucual measurements are there for both bikes.

Anyone able to help me out?

Cheers in advance

Sam

Pretty sure you can do this in the free version of BikeCAD, you certainly can in the paid one. http://www.bikecad.ca/

Speeder

Drop me a line and I’ll give it a go based on what you have – email in profile.

When do you need it?

Gaz

mboy
    Free Member

Dropped you an email speeder

Sam, just having a mess about with the free version now, but seems a bit clunky to me. Will persevere and see where I get.

Speeder

anyone know the standard dimension used for a 29er axle height?. We’ve got a BB height but that’s no use without a reference axle height. Why they both can’t give a BB drop I have no idea???

mos

Just a wild guess, but wouldn’t it be 29 inches divided by 2?

jameso

745 +/- 5mm for 29er wheel OD.

jameso

Also bear in mind that the dims will only be correct if you know the fork A-C and sag used, not everyone quotes this and if they do it’s not always accurate, willingly or not.

Speeder

jameso – Member
    Also bear in mind that the dims will only be correct if you know the fork A-C and sag used, not everyone quotes this and if they do it’s not always accurate, willingly or not.

Axle to crown is known but I’ve always worked on sag being ignored on geo charts and that it always represents an unladen bike? Is that not correct?

jameso

Some include it, some don’t. It should be stated. Sagged makes more sense generally but only really useful if stated clearly, often not so its hard to compare geos to within the 10mm or so that people often want. Then there’s the way some brands will be creatively inaccurate to not spell out how the bikes laid out, for various reasons eg many Asian frame companies get geos simply by using online charts from other brands, averaging a few maybe, etc.

brant
    Free Member

many Asian frame companies get geos simply by using online charts from other brands, averaging a few maybe, etc.

fixed that for you.

jameso

True I expect. Only ones that admit it are over there but points to them for honesty.

arachnidlover
    Free Member

Plenty CAD software here if your still needing a hand………

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone With AUTOCAD (or similar) able to help me out…?’ is closed to new replies.