Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone with an exposure revo, only two of four leds coming on?
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

No matter how hard I spin the wheel, only two leds will come on and I’m pretty sure the exact same thing is happening when I’m riding. Has anyone experienced this? Really worried as I just got it today! 😥

simondbarnes

You’ll struggle to get 4 leds on just by spinning the wheel.

scotroutes

As above, I doubt you’ll be able to spin it fast enough

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Retrodirect
    Free Member

Yep, it switches on the third and fourth as you start riding faster. It works fine.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Thanks all, was super worried! Going to go give it a spin round the block!

tenfoot

Even if it was faulty, no need to be super worried. Exposure customer care is excellent.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Oh wow! That’s fantastic to hear. Though wouldn’t I take it up with CRC if I bought it from them? Got the Light and the Exposure hub for £180, there’s only 2 left!

tenfoot

In my experience, if you have proof of purchase, it will be quicker to go through Exposure direct. I had a problem with a Maxx D less than 2 years old and it took around a week and a half from me sending it, to getting it back.

£180 is a great deal.

MSP

I think you have to “charge” the capacitor before it will give full power, might take a couple of mins. Also running rear light off it adds an extra power requirement.

Got rid of mine as too much of my winter riding was below the speed required for full power, shame really nearly a great light, but not quite.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Thanks, I gave it a proper go and it’s fine! Works amazingly well, far, far brighter than the LUXOS U it replaced. I’m incredibly happy. And the red eye rear light is super bright too, I had an issue with finding a dynamo rear light bright enough, all the B&M ones were nothing compared to the Moon Comet I had, which worried me. The only annoyance I have is the lack of an off button, for when want to remain discreet or not bother people!! It’s really annoying, it’s such a small thing that would make so much difference.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Also, does anyone know if the Red Eye is safe for road use? I hope it’s not too bright, and I’m thinking of getting a reflector to go with it too!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with an exposure revo, only two of four leds coming on?’ is closed to new replies.