Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone with a lathe able to make a custom shim?
  • cjr61

Hi,
    The carbon beast is becoming a burden and keen to get it finished! Ideally I’m looking for a 33.7/31.6 shim to fit a carbon frame that I can glue in and forget about. Can anyone make one? Kudos, beer tokens, and the finest ladies in all of town (small print….can’t actually provide the ladies but can provide beer!) await the victor!
    Chris

bigdean

How long and does it need a lip at the top? Plus are you bothered if its made by students? They need to program a boring cycle soon anyway.

cjr61

Hi Dean,
    Around 100mm long and lip good but not essential as it’ll get glued in place anyway. Would it be possible? Drop me an email on chrisj.ross@btinternet.com and we can discuss led tails.
    Cheers

shandcycles
    Free Member

I was going to reply but glad I didn’t. Not really interested in led tails anymore.

cjr61

Huh….led tails?

shandcycles
    Free Member

Just being stupid. Read your last post.

spxxky
    Free Member

I cut down a Red bull can and made a shim for a carbon frame, sanded and glued in place using JB Weld, left a couple of mm protruding that I then neatly rolled to form a lip. Not sure of the thickness of the RB can but it served my purpose – some cans are thicker.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with a lathe able to make a custom shim?’ is closed to new replies.