Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • anyone with a jack russell/small dog? (sneezing content)
  • sadexpunk

colins 2 years old now, and one of his many endearing qualities is that he goes beserk when we come home from work, rolling about on the floor with his lipstick out and sprinting around the house. he also sneezes when hes this excited.
    this hasnt bothered us so far, its been quite amusing. but…..its getting a lot worse. now he can be sneezing right from picking his lead up for a walk, all the way through his walk. it cant be very comfy for the little feller :-/
    btw, he doesnt sneeze normally, when hes just pottering around the house.

ive googled it, and it seems quite common, but i cant really suss out what causes it or how we can help him.

any ideas/thoughts/knowledge?

thanks 🙂

flap_jack
    Free Member

our Westie does this. No problems though.

loddrik
    Free Member

Absolutely love JRT’s.

demonracer

Our chihuahua does all of the above and she loves to snort and sneeze when excited … doesn’t wear lipstick though.

scandal42
    Free Member

Our little fella does this all the time, especially when I get on the floor to fight with him (he loves it)

I’ll ask the Mrs (Vet nurse)

Caher

Parents have one and he started the ‘sneezing’ from a young age. It was found to be a form of fit. Tablets from the vet contain it.

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Our JRT does it too. It’s normal and I’d agree rather endearing!

framewatcher
    Free Member

Had a problem today with both my Lab and my Border terrier. Lab is moulting bad so did a hoover up and she’s better but my terrier often breaths in fine hairs, flys and bits below his nose, he does the lipstick trick too and gets all tizzed. Today he was so bad I thought I might have to take him to the vet, don’t want another bill so sat him down and massaged around his sinus, down the nose and around his snout. He let out several massive sneezes and the problem has gone. Sometimes small particles and hairs just get lodged high in their noses as they are so close to the ground.

drummer
    Free Member

My JRT places her ball at your feet, then repeatedly sneezes until you throw it. If you refuse after a few minutes she starts barking instead …hehe …gotta love em … 🙄

banks
    Free Member

Mine fetches his little ball then challenges you to a fight, he’ll never let go & been known to sleep with it still in his mouth. The only way he’ll let go is by cooking lamb : /

amedias
    Free Member

Our chihuahua does it too, very common and not unusual, only a problem when she sneezes so hard she whacks her chin/head on the floor :-s

Teetosugars
    Free Member

My Westies do this.

Once Eric had a blade of grass stuck up his nose that had to be extracted, but yeah, they do have sneezing fits quite often.

Oh, and if we sneeze? Esme our other Westie rushes over to check you are ok..

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

Colin – that’s a great hound name!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘anyone with a jack russell/small dog? (sneezing content)’ is closed to new replies.