Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone with a Cyclus headset press – pressing single cups
  • PJay
    Free Member

After asking about pressing headset cups together or singly, the concensus seems to be for pressing one cup at a time (a video on the Cane Creek site starts with the lower cup). I've a relatively cheap Cyclus headset press and wondering whether there was particular process for pressing cups singly (I did them together last time). Pressumably I need to remove the cup adapters, the press as bearings between two washers, do I just rest these on the top of the headtube to press the lower cup?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

If you have a press why not do them together?

PJay
    Free Member

I've come across different views regarding pressing headset cups, singly or together. I did them together last time and everything went fine but Cane Creek has an online video showing the installation of a headset with a press and recommend doing the cups singly, starting with the lower cup (otherwise I'd probably have stuck with pressing them together). I asked on here and the concensus seemed to be for pressing the cups singely.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Ah OK I assumed you would need to do them together using a press, or singly with a block of wood!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with a Cyclus headset press – pressing single cups’ is closed to new replies.