Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone with a child seat & dropper post?
  • sandwicheater

Sandwicheater jnr turns 1 this weekend (blooming heck, that year has wizzed past!!) and we are getting him a bike seat.

Settled on a Hamax Kiss (or similar) that fits/clamps to the seat tube.

I’ve a dropper installed and can’t find any details on torqs/compatibility. Concious the stresses exerted by the seat will effect the dropper post.

Am I being worried over nothing? Have considered getting a fixed post to swop over when we do go for a ride.

trail_rat
    Free Member

what exactly do you think is going to happen when you clamp on the seat to the seat tube.

the only way it will damage it is if you somehow decide to clamp it on the dropper post its self/.

sandwicheater

But a slight over tightening of the seat clamp is enough to effect the dropper post, figured this may have the same effect.

Unsure if pressure further down is fine or the seat tube is less prone to movement further down? Appreciate where the seat clamp goes is designed to give more to allow for the seat post to clamp. Would pressure exerted further down the seat tube have less effect?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I doubt it will matter.

I also doubt anyone has tried it.

sandwicheater

Ooooohhhh, I could be the first! I wonder if I’ll get a badge?

tomhoward

Have considered getting a fixed post to swop over when we do go for a ride.

I’d probably do that TBH, though thinking aloud, could be a pita if you have a remote to keep removing and attaching?

jam-bo

I’ve fixed a weeride with a Icelift dropper post. works fine and makes it much easier getting set up and setting off etc.

do I win a medal?

trail_rat
    Free Member

sandwicheater- you will find that the point where you are attaching the seat clamp to the seat tube. underneeth the seat tube probably isnt even touchign the seat post.

sandwicheater

😳 Yep, just measured it and your correct. jam bo and trail rat for the win.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone with a child seat & dropper post?’ is closed to new replies.