Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Anyone willing to show us round the best bits of the Quantocks? 10th/11th Nov
  • twiglet_monster
    Free Member

All,
    Eight of us friendly MTBers are visiting the Quantocks on the weekend of 10/11th Nov.

Is anyone willing to do a bit of showing us around the best bits? will gladly buy lunch/beers..

I know STW dweller Sharki has done this before – I’ve emailed him directly but not heard anything.

All offers of assistance welcomed!

Thanks

TM

p.s., yes, we can always read a map and we’ll be fine, just a bit nicer to hook up with a knowledgable person

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

anyone? *sniff*

R

hopster
    Free Member

I would but I don’t have a car at present and I’m based in Bristol. Sorry. Where are all the Quantock regulars? Knottie, etc….

sharki
    Free Member

You got email.
    It appears i’ve had a twiglet in my Spam folder…

Knottie, Dibbs, Andy Bev, Brewer? Someone guide these guys, so my legs don’t have to make me grrr..

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Cheers Sharki you got a reply 🙂

any other offers of assistance welcomed – we don’t bite (well we do bite cake – quite a lot of cake actually..)

TM

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Sharki – did you see my email? (checking it didn’t get spammed again..)

TM

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m thinking of riding over there one day of that weekend, TBC. If you get stuck for a guide, I’ll help out as I know quite a lot of it. See if Sharki, Dibbs or Knottie are available first though.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Thanks Buzz. Much appreciated.

See if Sharki, Dibbs or Knottie are available first though.

Guys – can you help?

Thanks muchly 🙂

TM

woodsman
    Free Member

Hey Buzz,
    🙂
    That would be great if you could help us, you did a ride a couple of years ago with Sharki and a bunch of us from Sussex. We had a great time!

Rich, we ought to have Mr Lightyear on board if we can…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I remember that woodsman. I was recovering from a shoulder injury at the time. Good to hear from you.

sharki
    Free Member

Right then twiggers and team sussex, you got me if you’re still requiring a guide.

I’ll be putting on the knobblies, stripping off the panniers and cobwebs(bike not used in 6 months)and dragging it and my arse to Stowey to meet you on Saturday. Will do my best to give you all a couple days of mixed tox riding.

12mths off the trails should make things interesting for me and entertaining for you lot.

I’ll e-mail you with my number to arrange times and details of nearest A&E should my heart, lungs and legs fail.

See you on Saturday.

Buzz, you up for being my wingman?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Great news Sharkmeister. I’ll be there.

sharki
    Free Member

Bring a stretcher please. 😉

This could prove interesting..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Need gears 😉 ?

sharki
    Free Member

i’ve got 27 of them and i’m prepared to use them all.. 😳

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Lol! You’ll still out pace us desk jockeys.

sharki
    Free Member

we’ll see.
    And i’m leaving the camera and binoculars behind to keep me moving..

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’m there on Sunday if you fancy another day of it?

sharki
    Free Member

I’m in for the long haul, two days of riding and guiding and no doubt beer. 😉

Who are you riding with Sponging-machine?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Not sure. I’m meeting a mate from Braunton, but everyone from Plymouth seems non-commital.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Great news Sharkimeister and Buzzy McLightyear (not sure why I’ve gone all scottish there) 🙂

TM

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll be dragging the group(they’ll be towing me) out from Nether Stowey, towards Dead Womans ditch CP, so a rendezvous there perhaps?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yeah would prefer to group at DWD on Sat. Time?
    What pub for lunch? Bicknoller?

sharki
    Free Member

Carew or Plough for lunch me thinks, I’ve only used the Bicknoller once and 45min wait for a baguette impressed me little. Might contemplate the Windmill though as i has swings and slides there..

Not sure of meet time yet, but it’ll be around 10:30 no doubt.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yeah the plough was friendly last time I was there sopping wet, spattered with mud and with a near hypothermic friend.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Sorry, very busy at work at the moment, spare a thought for me stuck at the power station while you’re looking down on me from the hills 🙁

sharki
    Free Member

I will and always do Dibbs, when i look down at the point. 😛

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

[imagines dibbs under the hot reactor, sealing leaky coolant pipes with chewing gum]

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Carew

Arghhh my favourite pub over there…. 😉

Got to wait till December till I once again entertain those superb trails… 😥

However… in September we made this!

😆

sharki
    Free Member

And by then I should be back up to full power and drinking capacity to join you.

😉

ciderinsport
    Free Member

sharki

Always welcome! Just one night this time.. Fri 28th Dec – riding on the Sat! The final run back in the dark 😆

Got another booked for late April too!

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll fly blind then for the last descent. Shouldn’t be to bad, the first time I did bincombe was without lights well after sundown..it was fun then and only got betterer

Anna-B
    Free Member

Yeah the plough was friendly last time I was there sopping wet, spattered with mud and with a near hypothermic friend.

Was there a couple of weeks ago covered in mud. New landlord I think, but very mud/MTBer friendly, and very large portions of chips… 🙂

cheez0
    Free Member

yo guys,

Got room for a me and perhaps one more for the sunday?

What time/where for start, etc?

sharki
    Free Member

Oh crap!
    Here it begins.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’ll be going from Bicknoller Village shop at about 10ish on Sunday.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Thats great you are coming along Sharki and Buzz! Was fantastic when you led me and a few others around a couple of years ago. Different group this time, but looking forward to seeing you again.

Alex

sharki
    Free Member

Arrgh crap!

That’s a reply to pretty much everyone

I’ve been playing on a 29er today. So may we’ll bring that to play..

😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Don’t fret mate. It will be a lovely social outing.

cheez0
    Free Member

ok, so i wont come along..

dont want to make you look good sharki son.:-)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Anyone willing to show us round the best bits of the Quantocks? 10th/11th Nov’ is closed to new replies.