Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone who's ridden an '09 RP 23 and a '10 RP 23 (with the boost valve):
  • jhw
    Free Member

Is there a difference in how they feel and which did you prefer?

Thanks…!

khani
    Free Member

tried both on a h/l 5spot and tbh the 09 felt better, the boost valve blew through the travel riding off a kerb with 25% sag, it may have needed a different boost valve pressure to work better though you have to send to it mojo to change it, which i could'nt be arsed with tbh

freeridenick
    Free Member

just get a coil… 😛

khani
    Free Member

i did, 8)

jhw
    Free Member

Cool – is the '09 pretty plush though?

khani
    Free Member

it felt tighter and more controlled but still plush over small stuff, the 2010 bv felt mushy and more wallowey but iv read the 2010 needs setting for your weight (bv pressure) when supplied which may change things a bit,
    i just tried a mates who got one for his bike so not really set up for me, we weighed the same but different bikes, my spot has 135mm and his 5 is 140mm, its only 5mm but different types of bike (4bar-single pivot) but it may change things possably

jhw
    Free Member

Thanks. Didn't the 2009 RP 23s have problems with the seals, though?

khani
    Free Member

not that iv heard of, only problem iv seen is 06-07 ones that stuck down when it was cold, newer ones are supposed to use better seals though

kamina
    Free Member

I've had both with the same compression / rebound tune. Both felt the same, BV model just ramps up more toward the end of the stroke. IMO the 09 was better, but the my problem was always blowing through the beginning of the travel, not the end. Swapped to a pushed van r which was great, now running Elka which is greater.

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

No probs with my 09 RP23 on a 5

Nezbo
    Free Member

I have had both on the giant, the 09 one did have problems with the seals on a small number of bikes (I think the 5 was one of them but only certain ones and not all 5 before people start 😉 ) fox have now replace the sweeper seal plastic washer with a slightly bigger one (the new sweeper has little black spots on it) but they wouldn’t admit to the fault.

But I have not noticed any difference between the 2, but i guess they can be both made to feel the same with a bit of playing with.

Still got my 2010 one on and it seems ok…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone who's ridden an '09 RP 23 and a '10 RP 23 (with the boost valve):’ is closed to new replies.