Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone wear/carry a lucky charm?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Curious that’s all
    I was given a Crucifix in 1975 for my first road race. I still wear it for racing, along with a less battered one. Feels odd without it.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Surely a crucifix is religious not superstitious?

/straightface

mtbel
    Free Member

yeah, mine’s a wee folding minitool

oldgit
    Free Member

True, but it was given to me by an aunt as a her way of looking after me. And it felt unlucky not to wear it? Originally had it glued to my old hairnet crash helmet.
    Can’t race without it now

scotroutes

My Mrs used to have a “lucky” rabbits foot.

It didn’t bring much luck to the rabbit!

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Mint sauce key ring that I mad into a necklace years and years ago still wearing now and very really take it off other than to shower.

binners

Yip. My lucky pulling pants…..

oldgit
    Free Member

Hmmmm 16g gas canister and two tubes!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Hmmm…

In the car I have a cross from the local church and an evil eye from Turkey. Both given to me. I like to cover all the bases, just in case there really is a God, whatever variety.

Nothing on the bike.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mint sauce key ring that I mad into a necklace years and years ago still wearing now and very really take it off other than to shower.

Can I borrow it for a while?

chip
    Free Member

Yip. My lucky pulling pants…..

We had a polish labourer on site who once bent over at work revealing a leopard print whale tail.

And forever more was known as Tarzan. 😀

somafunk

Not so much a lucky charm but i do wear this at all times, it’s not been off my wrist since it was made for my 18th birthday (24 yrs ago), that’s actually a wee lie as a few years ago i had to get a strengthening bit of silver added to the inside of it as it has wore down over the years – at some point soon i’ll have to get it melted down again and remade as it has developed a crack in the silver and i’d be devastated if i lost it.

My great-great-great grandfather owned a hill farm in Galloway and found a wee stash of silver coins when he was repairing an old dyke – he got them made into a brooch for his wife, my great-great-great gran. The brooch was handed down through the family and for my 18th birthday my gran had the brooch melted down and made into a torque bangle by a local silversmith/jeweller then it was sent away for assaying

I guess it’s my lucky charm as it has family connections leading back generations that i wear at all times.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone wear/carry a lucky charm?’ is closed to new replies.