Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • anyone wear long socks for riding?
  • rOcKeTdOg

thought i’d try a medium length

the Long sock ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr
    comfy, nettle protection and when the sun starts to disappear warmer, so far so good

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

😥

wooobob

Yeah, but tan lines halfway up your leg? 🙁

ruscle
    Free Member

Come on man up a little!! Nettle protection and warm! oh my god what is happening to our sport. Soon you will be telling us its a good idea to put shin pads inside them!

anto164
    Free Member

noononononoooonoonono,

Short socks, the ones that come up like, 2″ from your shoe, just covering the ankle. That’s how i roll.

cubemeup
    Free Member

a mate of mine wears football socks with shinpads!! kills me everytime i see him

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Why do you feel the need to update us with EVERYTHING that you do rd? including teh most banal pictures!!get over yourself ffs!!

sefton
    Free Member

your an embarrassment!

whats with the rocketdog on the frame?

stumpy01

I considered getting some football socks for summer riding in the more nettley areas of Thetford. My soft Southern beautifully moisturised skin doesn’t like nettles much.

If I were you RD, I’d either go for ankle or full length. Those mid ones look like you forgot the socks you meant to wear so just left the ones you wore to work on…..

sefton
    Free Member

at least shave them 🙄

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

watched the DH world cup a couple of weeks ago and long socks are in amongst the gnarl crowd, Fox make em and the dennis the menace colour scheme was popular.

Cross post in the “tick bite” thread, possibly useful to prevent bites? Still grim!

Harry_the_Spider

This guy does / did.

Not seen legs like those rOcKeTdOg since the last series of Silent Witness. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

Lol @ harry

Cruzheckler, lighten up chap

Houns

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

Embrace the nettle stings, they feel nice and after a while ou don’t notice them

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘anyone wear long socks for riding?’ is closed to new replies.