Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone watching Heston Blumenthal going back to Little Chef on Channel 4?
  • JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Get trading standards in Heston!

BillyBull
    Free Member

Looks like they just used his name, not his full input.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Yeah, I'm watching. That fat prick from the Little Chef is making my stabbing hand itch all over again.

clubber
    Free Member

Well he must be honest – he's a Christian!

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

he's a Christian!

Fits well with his misleading ethos!

MussEd
    Free Member

He's a bit like David Brent's older, equally annoying, lying brother. But as pointed out, he's a committed Christian so all his lying is fine!

tails
    Free Member

What happened i can't be arsed to watch?

NZCol

Yeah can you summarise for me too ! I watched the series on the AirNZ flight to the UK earlier this month and found it fascinating. The CEO was a pr1ck of the highest order. Struck me they did not actually want to do anything other than say they had a celebrity chef doing 'stuff'. And why pick him FFS ? Anyhoo i wondered what had happened because the updated menu etc all looked pretty good to me. But i trusted that CEO as far as I could chuck a mattress up a spiral staircase…

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Going forward I think they need a full management buy in. To achieve this they need lots of brainstorming so they can run the ideas up the flag pole and see who salutes!

Heston uncovered when he went back to the restaurant he changed, that the chefs where using inferior produce.

CEO was full of typical management BS. But was committed to rolling out the new concept to other restaurants.

Heston laboured the point about using quality produce. And got the first restaurant into 'The Good food Guide'. The end, bit disappointing really. I would have liked to have seen a final showdown where Heston says you've been trading off my name for a year now and you've seen a 250% increase in sales (what was shown when they went through the figures) therefore the increased profit is mine, followed by a punch up in the car park!

NZCol

I'm surprised they even know what the profit increase was because it struck me form the first series that they knew next to f all about what their actual costs were.
    'typical managament BS' indicated to me that he was utter p1sh and managed by smokescreen.

el_boufador

I reckon Heston can handle himself. Easily harder than Gordon Ramsay

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

They pulled a bag of 'Macains oven chips' out of the freezer sold as the fresh 'Chunky chips' that Heston originally specified.

As a customer I'd have been p1ssed off if I was paying well over the odds for chips that I've got in my own freezer thinking they were 'Heston Chips'.

I'm sure Hestons food is excellent but I'll never eat at Little Chef due to the attitude of the CEO (contempt for everything except profit margins). You don't know what you're getting.

clubber
    Free Member

due to the attitude of the CEO (contempt for everything except profit margins).

You must really have a hard time finding brands that you are happy to buy then, assuming you apply it to everything you buy 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

I went to the help for heroes rugby game at Twickenham last year (brilliant it was!).
    Heston was flipping burgers on one of the shacks. I was thoroughly impressed that a michelin starred chef gave up his saturday to show his support.

project
    Free Member

Who,s this Heston, the bloke who cooks the food on the motorway at Heston services, hardly makes him a celebrity chef eh.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone watching Heston Blumenthal going back to Little Chef on Channel 4?’ is closed to new replies.