Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone watching Big Blue live
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Jeez the presenters are awful, been to the Monterey Aquarium twice and have been lucky enough to see most of the wildlife they are highlighting along the North California coast, but just can’t watch it.

bigG
    Free Member

I watched two mins of the first one, spotted who was presenting it, spotted the clear attempts to build 30 secs of decent content into a full programme,,

yes we know sealions are loud, do we really need to watch them being loud for a minute to prove it?

I turned off,

mikey74
    Free Member

I was very disappointed as well. It seemed like it was 5 minutes of decent footage and the rest filled by the presenters loving the sound of their own voices, asking stupid questions.

medders
    Free Member

I thought it was excellent. Yes that woman presenter is incredibly annoying but it does not detract from the wildlife spectacle they are covering. And bear in mind they need to be able to appeal to an audience with very wide differential of knowledge so some “stupid” questions are inevitable.

Mind you I may be a little biased as I spent 6 weeks on holiday in southern California last October – about a week of which was in the area – so there may be some serious nostalgia going on.

Looking forward to tonight’s instalment.

ahwiles
    Free Member

“HERE WE ARE! LIVE! – AND WE’VE GOT SOME FANTASTIC FOOTAGE COMING UP – AND NOW OVER TO THAT BERK IN THE HELICOPTER!’

‘I’M IN A HELICOPTER! – I’VE SEEN A WHALE!’

‘AND WE’RE BACK! – HERE’S SOME FOOTAGE OF A WHALE THAT WE RECORDED EARLIER!’

(is that a whale?)

‘WOW! – SOME FANTASTIC FOOTAGE THERE! – AND NOW OVER TO A BERK ON A BOAT!’

‘I’M ON A BOAT!’

etc.

it’s not exactly Autumn Watch is it.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I had such high hopes for this series. Maybe next time screw the live section and spend the budget on editing it into an interesting series.

beanum

Turned it off after 10 minutes, mainly because the amazing live footage of a whale surfacing was clearly filmed under different weather conditions.. 😆

BigJohn

The trailers on the radio did enough to stop me watching. The comments above seem to confirm my choice. Is Hugh fearnley whitingstall on it? Is he just there to give recipes and cooking tips?

teadrinker
    Free Member

This morning he gave and a nice pan fried whale blubber and eggs benedict recipe.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Live for the sake of Being live!

bikebouy
    Free Member

No, not really aimed at us is it..

More aimed at the potato heads and kids/teenagers.. Theres a reason it’s on BBC1 early evening.

mikey74
    Free Member

I have to confess that last nights episode was a vast improvement. The images of the blue whales were astonishing, although the sceptic in me doubts whether they were actually live.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone watching Big Blue live’ is closed to new replies.