Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Anyone watched Deadpool yet?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Loved it and lol a lot.

Oddly can’t stop listening to the cheesy soundtrack while thinking of wedgies/swords/bullets…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0USUWw91-NI[/video]

craigxxl
    Free Member

Tried watching it on Sunday but it was sold out so ended up watching Creed instead which is great film it self. Hopefully I’ll get to see it today.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I booked online and was chuffed not to queue.

Then the cinema was overbooked as there was no where to sit.

Manager upgraded us to armchair seats phew.

Just don’t take it seriously and be prepared to lol with everyone in the cinema!

stevemorg2

Saw it last night – great film!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m off to see it later today. Pre booked seats so hopefully we’ll be fine.

Guardians of the Galaxy is my favourite comic based film so far but I’ve high hopes for this.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Saw it last Thursday afternoon as I had the day off, so there were only about 12 people in the entire cinema :mrgreen:

It’s really, really funny. I do have quite a dark sense of humour though, so that helps. Looking forward to the sequel.

the00
    Free Member

Watched it last night. It was mostly entertaining, but there were constant references to sexual violence, which isn’t really my thing.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I watched it last night. I have been looking forward to it for well over 6 months so was concerned I would be disappointed. I wasn’t. Its a great film, short enough to be snappy but at the same time not too short.

One thing that confused my mate was that in the comics Deadpool is aware that he is in a comic so plays on this and breaks the fourth wall. This is carried over into the film. There will be lines in the film that you wouldn’t expect in a normal film, he knows about actors cast in other MCU films.

bruneep

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Brilliant film. I loved every minute. Might even see it again before the cinema run ends.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

The Brittish version didn’t sound very good so i`ll pass.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/E9BSz1]Dead pool[/url] by Alpine160, on Flickr

MSP

I think I will wait for the adult rated directors cut. Which is a shame because I really don’t want to wait, hope it gets released onto dvd/itunes at the same time as the r rated version.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I guess it’s to make more cash by reducing sex/violence ratings = more ticket sales.

Good excuse to get a few friends out or escape by yourself.

I was hoping for more powers as seen in Wolverine.

Good comedy.

timbud
    Free Member

100%, go and see it.
    Best movie I’ve seen for quite some time.
    Spat my popcorn out several times… glad the max was quiet and no one was sat in front of me.

Going to see it again with my wife soon.

fasthaggis

rocketman
    Free Member

rocket jr went to see it at the weekend and said it was very good. The 15 certificate made it a bit more edgy than the usual superhero films

Rorschach
    Free Member

Brilliant…..been waiting a loong time for this.Laughed my cock off.
    Sadly I now expect a glut of copycat R-Rated ‘superhero’ flicks….minus the self referential humor and plus gratuitous sex/violence.A $130million opening weekend on a £53million budget means lots of studio execs wetting themselves.
    Apparently Wolverine 3 will be 15/R rated…..wooop :o/

MrsToast
    Free Member

Hugely entertaining and pretty true to the comics, but still done in a way that non-fans can enjoy (my husband, who I normally have to drag to Marvel movies, loved it). My only criticism was that Wade’s ‘deformed’ face should have looked more deformed!

ghastlyrabbitfat
    Free Member

Yes, well worth paying for and constantly amusing if not laugh out loud all the way through. The small appendage was a highlight.

If you enjoy this, your sense of humour will be in the right wavelength for “Super” which I believe is still available on Netflix.

spawnofyorkshire

If you enjoy this, your sense of humour will be in the right wavelength for “Super” which I believe is still available on Netflix.

Oh good to know, been meaning to watch that for a while

I saw deadpool last night and proper laughed through it. Some great jokes in there

Clobber
    Free Member

Going tonight… can’t wait!

Clobber
    Free Member

That was proper laugh out loud funny!

Don’t take the kids though….

CountZero

Going Friday, sadly that means having to pay full whack, being unable to take advantage of Meerkat Movies.
    Oh well, doesn’t happen often. Certainly looks like it’ll appeal to my sense of humour.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I think I will wait for the adult rated directors cut. Which is a shame because I really don’t want to wait, hope it gets released onto dvd/itunes at the same time as the r rated version.
    Posted 1 day ago # Report-Post

Frankenstein – Member

I guess it’s to make more cash by reducing sex/violence ratings = more ticket sales.

It’s already R rated in the US (and 15 in the UK), which will be their biggest market, so they’ve already (and deliberately) not gone for the toned down PG-13 route that most super hero movies have been going down. Sure and 18 rated directors cut would be cool, but don’t think it’ll add too much. There’s plenty of violence/adult humour already.

mrsfry
    Free Member

I think it is very poor taste for people to come onto this forum and boast about seeing this movie.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I laughed so flipping hard at this film. I can honestly say I’ve not seen a film this bonkers in a long time. It’s ace fun 🙂

colournoise

“bonkers”

Best possible one word review for Deadpool. Saw it yesterday. Loved it. Even Zoe, who normally comes along to superhero films under sufferance, liked it and proper laughed a number of times (although admittedly the bit she found funniest was the very silly T-Rex joke).

Just hope the inevitable bigger budget and studio pressure doesn’t tone down and wreck the sequel.

CountZero

Saw it tonight, really outrageously funny! Every bit as good as I hoped it could be; and, somewhat belatedly, it reminded me of just how amazingly, stunningly beautiful Morina Baccarin is!
    The best job in the world has to be painting her tattoos on, and I want that job!
    #swoon

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Seen twice now. Picked up a lot of subtle jokes the second time. Great film.

Rorschach
    Free Member

“bonkers”

Best possible one word review of a certain stw poster on this thread.

breadcrumb

Went to the cinema last night, brilliant film, laughed all the way through.

I’ll definitely be getting a copy went it’s released.

DezB
    Free Member

Brilliant!
    Saw it on holiday (where the age restrictions are slightly less strict – there was even a kid asking for a child ticket (under 12) and they still let him and his mates in!). Oh, and it was only $8 each (£4) to get in!
    Needed to point out to my son that “Careless Whisper” was by George Michael and NOT Wham! though 🙂

squirrelking
    Free Member

there was even a kid asking for a child ticket (under 12) and they still let him and his mates in!

Is an invasion of Canada imminent?

Every bit as good as I hoped it could be; and, somewhat belatedly, it reminded me of just how amazingly, stunningly beautiful Morina Baccarin is!

Calm yourself, just think of National Womens Day and it’ll pass…

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Was fantastic.

I went with my wife and mother-in-law; the film was chosen by the former. Not the best film to sit next to my mother-in-law for. My wife thought the situation was hilarious.

Great film!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Intesrting thread and comments, we had free tickets to see it last night but decdided against it. It looked really juvenile.

Rorschach
    Free Member

we had free tickets

It looked really juvenile.

🙄

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Ror guilty as charged, thats why I thought the thread comments where so intereting. I’m not really a Hollwood movie type and we could have gone to see the mew Cohen Brothers film Hail Ceaser but that looked a bit sh-te too, certainky no Fargo. We watched two episodes of Deutschekamd 83 on catchup instead,

steveoath
    Free Member

Went on the 12th. Thought it was ace. Even mrsoath enjoyed it. Hopefully a directors cut will be on the cards.

DezB
    Free Member

It looked really juvenile.

Wrong! See how I back-tracked from my comments on the other Deadpool thread. 😳
    Thinking of going to see this again with my brother 😆

docrobster
    Free Member

Took my nearly 15 yr old son on Saturday to a packed odeon. He had learned his date of birth perfectly so the manageress let us in without his bus pass. Only £6 a ticket as well! Bargain.
    We really enjoyed it. Won’t be taking his mum though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Anyone watched Deadpool yet?’ is closed to new replies.