Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone want to join me for a ride tomorrow morning….
  • defaultslipper
    Free Member

…at Mabie? Needs to be in the morning as busy in the afternoon, so probably looking at 9am.

Planning to ride the lesser known trails for a few hours.

Anybody interested?

Trekster

will have done 3hrs work by then!!!
    Next weekend maybe?

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Next weekend I’m in Yorkshire. Would say a night ride in the week but I’ve half-broken my home brew lights!

Fancy doing another adventure similar to last year’s Ae / Queensberry route maybe nearer end of year when I have a bit more time available if you’re up for it?

Trekster

Certainly am. The knee is on the mend but gave it a tweak on Thurs night although the reaction has been not too bad.

You any thoughts/preferences?

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Either out in Galloway hills or maybe venture into Englandshire? Rode the Howgills a few weeks back, pretty much the only mountain-esque riding I have done this year which is poor considering I have been to North and South Wales, Yorkshire (Moors and Dales), Peaks and I can see the Lake District from the house!

Been up to Edinburgh a few times over the last couple of months, some good looking hills up that direction, imagine there must be something up there being so close to Edinburgh and the Glentress mob?

Are Mabie doing their Thurs night rides again, might have to join them once the light is fixed?

Trekster

Mabie night ride & cafe open every 2nd week. Next cafe opening in 2wks, keep and eye on their Facebook page
    Working most weekend till year end 🙄 10th & 11 Dec free atm with a possibility of 3rd & 4th.
    Not familiar with Edin/Pentlands area.
    Some good rides in the Lakes if you have not done much. Good ride out of Hawes or down at Reeth/Fremignton; http://www.dalesmountainbiking.co.uk/
    Also fancy a return to Settle.
    All hinge on the weather really 🙄

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Hey i fancy my first night ride, and that sound great, problem is im pretty crap, is it all scary fit riders or are there some fatties there too. 😀

Trekster

stevewhyte – Member
    Hey I fancy my first night ride, and that sounds great, problem is im pretty crap, is it all scary fit riders or are there some fatties there too.

Allsorts, shapes and ages Steve.
    I am working next week but should be there the following Thurs – 17th. If you want to eat @ the Shed it is best to book with Jemma. Keep an eye on the Shed Facebook page. I also post details on trailscotland forum.
    Various groups meet up at different times. The guys I ride with tend to meet around 6.45 for a 7pm ride out and back for food @ 8.30ish 😆
    Pace is whatever you are comfy with, too fast and you have to wait. No-one is ever too slow 😉
    The routes we ride are varied and if you have not been off-piste in Mabie 😈

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Mabie was riding well today, saw a couple of big groups out enjoying the sunshine. Some of the better known secret trails look like they have been getting a bit more traffic but holding up well except for the usual spots.

Took a look at one section on the darkside, as expected the wood was very slippy was struggling a bit on the rocks aswell, but I put that down to the rider!

Brilliant weekend to be out riding the bike

Trekster

great weekend for biking I do agree. Only biking I have done is the commute to work made worse by the fact I can see both Mabie and Ae from there 🙄
    Thursday at the earliest before I get out 😕

stevewhyte..Fancy a night ride this Thurs?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone want to join me for a ride tomorrow morning….’ is closed to new replies.