Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • anyone want a job in a great bike shop?
  • cycleworlduk
    Free Member

as the title infers…..im looking for both shops as were snowed under at the mo! you’ll get free tea/coffee, get to work on every level of bike from a skip worthy model to a top end orange/colnago…

any questions just email me…

chris

MSP

Will the remuneration package tempt me away from my high powered IT monkey job?

Rorschach
    Free Member

free tea and coffee is about all you’ll get working in the bike trade!!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve seen a few Colnagos that belong in skips mesel’.

joiner
    Free Member

too far to travel but would have been up for that….

intode_void
    Free Member

I have neither the skill nor the ability to work in your shop but I spent many happy years just up the road at RM Condor and now I’m gonna waste the rest of my day reminiscing! In fact looking at your map I think the road past your shop used to be on our Friday morning 9 mile run so I’ve no doubt sweated pints and pints of neat Heavy just outside your door! Oh happy days

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

nope the moneys not great but the bike bits are all at cost! 😆

lucien

If bike bit’s at cost then that would save me £££££££££££££££££’s

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

anyone? i cant believe its that hard to recruit someone to work in one of our shops….its my biggest headache.if you love bikes people and coffee its all covered.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

If you were in Manchester, I’d snap your hand off!

project
    Free Member

Perhaps open a shop, near Chester and i could work there.

MrGrim

<grumble>Wish I could. Wife wouldn’t let me leave my job and move back to Arbroath or move to Stonehaven</grumble>

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

nope sorry cant open nor move the shops…im gonna try the local cycling clubs..

hels
    Free Member

Where are the shops ? I know a recently qualified mechanic looking for work, based in Edinburgh but he has a large motorbike…

z1ppy

anyone want a job in a great bike shop?

Yes, but their not hiring… BOOM BOOM
    can you pass my coat over?

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

arbroath and stonehaven….long commute from edinburgh.

heres your coat.

Raindog
    Free Member

if you love bikes people and coffee and don’t mind being poor it’s all covered

Amended for accuracy – it’s a shame though that the business model doesn’t enable good bike shops to pay a decent wage to bike mechanics. Plenty of people are either too busy, don’t have the skills or can’t be bothered to do their own spannering, yet still complain at paying a fair price for work. I suspect many of these same people don’t bat an eyelid at paying £100+ per hour at a franchised garage.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

The good staff aren’t poor as I look after them but they’re is a break even point where the wage can’t go any higher…(unless they sell as many bikes as me!)

Raindog
    Free Member

Average wage in the UK is £26K – if you’re paying that I suspect you will have a queue of applicants……anyway my post wasn’t intended to upset, merely to highlight the different expectations of the public when it comes to paying for skilled labour. Good luck hiring.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Are Angus Bike Chain looking for someone? 😉

j40aja
    Free Member

Hi Chris,

Didn’t realise you were so busy when I dropped my bike off last Saturday!!
    Hope this means everything gets moved over to my new frame which hopefully my in-laws are dropping off either tomorrow or Friday.

Better being busy than no-one coming through the door!!!

Alan Anderson(by the way).

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

If you open a branch near Reigate, Surrey, I’ll work for you for free for 2 months if you train me……

norcbot
    Free Member

We have been looking for some one for a while now too. It has been alot harder than i thought. Didn’t think of putting it on here though. Good luck with the hunt.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

Great..I’ll just need to work out how to move both shops …..

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘anyone want a job in a great bike shop?’ is closed to new replies.