Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone volunteering to help for Le Tour Yorkshire
  • sandwicheater

Thought I’d sign up. Probably end up stuck in a field guarding a toilet.

http://www.letouryorkshire.com/volunteer

edlong
    Free Member

exactly my thoughts – I signed up as soon as this went live, but the more I think about it, the more selfish I feel – I was reminded of seeing one of the Olympic “gamesmakers” on the telly who didn’t see one single moment of sport the whole time they were there.

I think I’ll be up a hill somewhere watching the bikes and let someone else guard the portaloos.

awptechnical
    Free Member

I’m with edlong on this. I signed up immediately too but will probably hide away when the call goes out. Selfish?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TPTcruiser

I too signed up initially.
    It’ll be ok, there is plenty of road and much fewer portaloos. But maybe Bradley will ask you to hold his bike while he pops into one!

rockhopperbike

latest I’ve heard is all the kit we will wear is sponsored by ASDA- and there was me hoping for ASOS!

crikey
    Free Member
    rockhopperbike

My Bad!, but in fairness either Assos or Asos would be better than looking like you work at walmart’s cousin?! 🙂

totalshell

rochdale council just put the call out.. it doesnt even go through rochdale..or lancashire..

matthewjb
    Free Member

To provide a bit of balance to all you saying ho awful it will be…

My friend was a games maker for the Olympics. He had a brilliant time. He ended up taking athletes to training venues and watching them train.

sas
    Free Member

I volunteered at the TdF Grand Depart in London a few years ago. Spent the time standing at a crossing making sure people didn’t get run over, but had as good a view of the cyclists as anyone else i.e. a few seconds as they whooshed past 🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

I volunteerd to help out at the XC world cup in dalby a year or so ago. The first night I got to “guard” a pretty cool uphill sprint of the crit type stage. That was pretty good.

I then marshalled the public ride. Was stuck out in the depths of the forest on a boring bend with a sign, I was old I would be picked up at 5, at 7 I started walking the 8 miles back to the start point. We then got a mini bus into pickering for the ‘after party” the bus back to the camp site (next village away) would be leaving at 9.45 so i cut the night short and stood in a car park waiting fir the mini bus, which finally arrived at about 11. I hope the tour will be better, but I feel I’ve done my volunteering to help british cycling!

BristolPablo
    Free Member

If they give me a little triangular sign and tell me to wave it in front of a traffic island and i will be as happy as a pig dans le merde….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone volunteering to help for Le Tour Yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.