Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone using the new XT shadow plus?
  • llamaknob
    Free Member

Thinking about ordering one,are they worth the extra doe over the last ten speed offering?

monkeyboyjc

Depends, If your running 1×10 I think so. I swapped my standard shadow XT for one. Although I’m not sure what the performance difference is with the much cheaper slx.

brian2510
    Free Member

Ye got one last week fitted to my five,best move ever no more chain slap other than that no other difference really.would have preferred the switch to made with something different rather than plastic tho as looks if it could be easily broken

jonk

Just replaced a broken saint with xt shadow plus on my Alpine and its fantastic. Hardly any chain slap at all, very impressed.

iain1775
    Free Member

Yep would rate it very highly in the top 10 products that will change mountain biking for the better

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Have a Zee one on my Solaris 1 X 10, cheap and ace!

godzilla
    Free Member

Will one of these make my stinger/chain device redundant?

chris_db
    Free Member

I’ve got a xtr shadow plus on my Canyon and I don’t have a single scratch on the chainstay. I’d say for general AM and trail centre work the chain device is redundant if you have a shadow.

Mind you, I never had a chain jump off a chainring ever, I must be a mincer.

Northwind

Just replaced a non + XTR with a + XT. Definately controls the chain far better- I still need a top chainguide running 1×10 but so far I’m getting away without a bottom, and it’s much quieter. Shifting is good but not quite as good as the XTR or a standard 9-speed XT, it gets a bit stiffer as you go through the rings… But still very good.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Like Northwind says, shifting is a little bit stiffer, I’m using a superstar chain device, top only.

Northwind

Oh- I should have said, I’m using SLX shifters on mine, could be it’ll be even better once I upgrade that to XTR or Saint.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Where is cheapest for a shadow+ mech (zee/slx)?

mlucas666
    Free Member

Where is cheapest for a shadow+ mech (zee/slx)?

http://www.bike-discount.de

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Yup thats where I got mine, got the Zee cos of the nice short cage.

sterho1
    Free Member

anyone else having trouble indexing the Zee? im running 34 up front and 11-36 out back but can i buggery get the chain on the big cog.

Liftman

Are you sure you ave the limit screws out of the way ?

jam-bo

Chain too short?

justatheory
    Free Member

Try another link in the chain or a quick link

EDIT: Sorry, didn’t see above comment

sterho1
    Free Member

yep tried a longer chain and setting/playing with the limit screws and tensions etc, but to no avail.

devs
    Free Member

What’s the latest gimmick then? I keep hearing about switches and clutches. It all sounds grand but what’s it really do different? Can I take an old SLX shadow off and replace it with a shadow plus?

zangolin
    Free Member

anyone else having trouble indexing the Zee? im running 34 up front and 11-36 out back but can i buggery get the chain on the big cog.

Been running a Zee for a few weeks now with no problems.
    1×10 on an 11-36 cassette.
    Not sure why your having problems – would have said check the obvious stuff – limit screw, etc – which you have done.
    Have you adjusted the B-screw – to change the angle of the mech body?
    Cable to slack/missing a click? Double check the shifter is clicked all the way down then re-tension the cable.

jam-bo

there were two version of the ZEE mech when I looked? one for 11-28 i think and one for 11-36.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yup, thought my Gyro was very quiet compared to my Five until I descended with the ‘clutch’ turned off

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using the new XT shadow plus?’ is closed to new replies.