Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone using the Giro Chronicle lid??
  • onedpete
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a new lid and am pretty much decided on the above as it looks like a solid choice for the money. Anyone got any feed back on what their like in use, good venting? Nice and stable? The peak does look a bit long, bit worried it might cause the lid to tip forward a bit in the rough….Thanks all

iainc

I have one on order, along with a Giant Rail. Think they will arrive tomorrow and I’ll wear them both around the house before deciding which to keep. Have been persevering with a new Montaro and have so far killed 4 sets of pads. I have 2 more sets and and then am taking helmet and all the knackered pads to Evans for a refund.

iainc

will post up again once I have had a poke around it ! On paper the Giant Rail gets better reviews…

iainc

Well the 2 lids turned up today. Chronicle is nicely finished and comfy, however for me it is too deep and fouls the legs of my prescription specs around my ears. I also think the peak is rather long. So for me, the Giant Rail is better – lighter, better fit. The Giant doesn’t have MIPS though there is one available.

onedpete
    Free Member

Well, I’ve done the same as you, ordered a Chronicle and also a Spesh Ambush as they look good too. I will give em both a try and see which is best for my noggin. I tried a Bell Super 3 on in my lbs the other day and the fit was dreadful,lots of pressure points and kinda felt like it was perched on my head even though it wasn’t!!

iainc

I like the ambush, but the off centre vents aren’t ideal for mounting a helmet light, so I decided against it. Was a good comfy fit though and a good deal at my LBS..

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Lol the peak is a tiny lightweight piece of plastic, it’s not going to unbalance the helmet on your head!

iainc

Yeah, but it looks pretty daft…

eshershore
    Free Member

had my Chronicle MIPS for months – great helmet and plays nice with my Hope helmet mounted light

onedpete
    Free Member

Helmets arrived. Both are really nice, but I’m going to keep the chronicle as it fits a bit better, has MIPS for what it’s worth, and has a better crash replacement scheme. I got the Matt grey one and it’s a really nice looking lid. The peak is quite long, but is in a good place in the mid position and plays well with goggles. The Ambush is a good lid too, insanely light and airy and the peak is the best I’ve tried, very precise adjustment. It was a tough call, but the Ambush was slightly less comfortable. Cheers for the input guys.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using the Giro Chronicle lid??’ is closed to new replies.