Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone using SKS Raceblade Long's on bigger than 23mm tyres ??
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Thinking about using a set of these on my roadie but I run 28mm most of the time ? It says they’re for 23mm but I’m sure you could squeeze ’em on ?? Anyone here tried ??

smogmonster

I use them on my 23’s and they are a seriously tight fit…I would suggest not a hope in he’ll of fitting them on 28s.

stimpy
    Free Member

I had 25mm under raceblade longs for a bit. Tight but do-able. Not sure about 28 though.

smell_it
    Free Member

I’ve currently got a 25mm conti ultrasport on the rear of my px alu. Fits fine, but the 25mm conti still looks smaller than some 23mm mitchelin’s on my race bike. Lets face it, 28mm tyres are for hybrids 😉

Kahurangi

I did and it didn’t end well.

I used them with Specialized Roubaix 23/25 tyres (23 mm-like contact patch, 25 mm overall width). It was a tight clearance but could be set up ok. I had a 1-2 mm gap underneath the brake caliper where the mounting plate went and a small gap either side of the tyre where the braces met the fender.

The gap underneath the clips wasn’t big enough – debris and flex meant that the underside of the clip wore and the spring was destroyed! Have a look underneath the clip – the grey lever/button relies on the underside of the plastic clip housing to spring back. This is what wore out.

Now I’ve gone to some Schwalble 23 mm tyres and have LOADS of clearance, but suffer from occasional pinch flats in return (the roads round here have a lot of grit and debris)!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using SKS Raceblade Long's on bigger than 23mm tyres ??’ is closed to new replies.