Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone using Mozilla Songbird?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Just found out about this bit of software. Sounds brilliant. Cant believe I havent heard of it before. Ive been thinking about a WMPlayer replacement for ages.
    Im looking for something for syncing media over my various devices from the server.

Anyone using it? What devices/OS are you using? Anyone tried it with any Android devices yet?

nickc

happy with itunes, but what does songbird do that itunes don't? ( apart from the obvious "not Apple" )

Stoner
    Free Member

open source with extensions. The antithesis of the Apple philosophy! 🙂

Now stop sh1t-stirring nick and lets see someone come in here who has used it 😛

psychle
    Free Member

not me… but now I am, thanks for the introduction 🙂 Been looking for a decent mediaplayer to use with Windows 7, this looks to tick all the boxes 🙂

nickc

My life is so much easier than yours… How's things?

Stoner
    Free Member

Things going well. House sold, have to move out beginning of September, barn not quite finished by then but close and Mrs S delivered Stoner Jr MkII sunday last week.

pretty mad really.
    And you guys?

spokebloke
    Free Member

Been using it for a couple of years.
    Works fine, but they stopped development for PowerPC macs a while back.
    Guess that doesn't affect you Stoner…. 😉

SkillWill
    Free Member

Yes, been using it for 18 months I would say and I love it. The wealth of add-ons make it perfect for me.

I use it and sync to my HTC Magic and also an iPod. I also use an add-on called FolderSync that lets me write the MP3s contained in a playlist to a folder with the playlist written as a .m3u to a specified location too. So I have (for example) a "Top Rated Dylan" playlist which is songs by Bob Dylan that I have rated – I can select to have all the specific MP3s in that playlist written to a specified location as well as the playlist. I use that to write it to a little USB stick and play in my car.

Also have MediaFlow add-on to display album art in a 'flow' form and I use the Chromibird feather. There are loads of great add-ons, Last.Fm, lyric lookup etc. Player works nicely, don't think it has crashed for months, doesn't use too much memory, no additional services run (like iTunes).

As you may have guessed I'm a fan 🙂

disco_stu
    Free Member

i used it a while back but it started to get a bit bloated.
    foobar2000 is what I use now

nickc

All my love to Mrs S, hope things are good. may have to come up and have a coo. Things good here. Boy has turned into proto-teenager (smelly and grunting).

Mad times indeed.

Stoner
    Free Member

they stopped development for PowerPC macs a while back.

sensible fellows 😉

proto-teenager = "tweenager" I gather from recent Guardian articles 😉

Dont they say "with a son, you onlly have to worry about one pen1s, with a daughter you have to worry about every pen1s"?

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers skillwill – thats the kind of info I was after.

Does it support podcasts/rss downloads and syncs?

nicko74

Dumb question perhaps, but does it offer significant gains over mediamonkey? I'm a bit of a convert to MM, having previously just not bothered with such things despite my large MP3 library.

Stoner
    Free Member

mediamonkey was what I was initially looking at, but Im a mozilla fanboi so since Im moving from WM I can take my choice. I imagine that since MM is good too, that there's little reason to migrate to songbird for you…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using Mozilla Songbird?’ is closed to new replies.