Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone using 'low friction' fork seal kits?
  • scruff
    Free Member

TF are doing a couple of sorts, was thinking of some for my wooden Boxxers as its alot cheaper than a new charger damper…

scruff
    Free Member

And J-Tech are doing them.

SirHC

Initial fitted the Racing Brothers seals to my Boxxers, big difference to the friction. I already service them more often they should (2-3hours) so no concerns over durability/service life reducing.

The charger damper is a good investment, takes a lot of the guess work out of the setting up (I had boxxer teams). Since fitting the charger damper, I have noticed arm fatigue is reduced, more front end grip/confidence.
    The charger damper is dead easy to fit, instructions are clear.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I used the Endro seals on my old forks, but they were marzocchi’s so wasn’t expecting much to improve on them, so little friction they sagged under the weight of the (XC, not a 40lb DH moster) bike!

scruff
    Free Member

Charger damper is on the (long) wish list but the seals are a cheaper option to improve the forks and they probably aren’t far off needing changing anyway. I’ve emailed TF about the seals anyway.

Northwind

What damper’s in it now? None of the 35mm boxxers should feel bad if they’re working right tbh. And if they’re not then just fitting low friction seals probably isn’t going to sort it.

Davesport

I’ve fitted several sets of these to Fox 36’s and had the opportunity to test the standard fork alongside an identical fork with the LF seals. With the forks on & off the bike there’s a noticeable difference in break-away stiction. Can’t say I noticed any difference otherwise.

D.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Your aware SKF make their own version of low friction seals?

I don’t know whether they’re any better than the ones they produce for Fox but no doubt worth a try.

I believe they’re available through South Coast Suspension.

http://www.skf.com/group/products/seals/automotive-seals/suspension/fork-seals-for-motorcycles-and-bicycles/index.html

devash
    Free Member

J-Tech do the SKF seals too according to a promo email I received from them a while back. I vaguely remember it saying that they were fitting these as standard during servicing now.

SirHC

Does the SKF kit omit the oil seal like the Racing Bro’s do? (and use a wider foam to take up the extra space)

scruff
    Free Member

2013 Boxxer RC’s. They are Ok but I have Lyrik R2D2’s on my trail bike so the Boxxers do feel a bit wooden in comparison.

TF reckon the Push ones are lowest friction available.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using 'low friction' fork seal kits?’ is closed to new replies.