Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone using hope tech x2 brakes ?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

any feedback i used to use the older mini pro brakes a while back and they were pretty good. looking for a new set of brakes and its mini pros again or the newer tech x2 . cheers

firestarter
    Free Member

also why are hope mini x2 pro more than tech x2 ? the mini is the old lever and the new one is all singing and dancing . im confused

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Ive got a set

they kind of just work
    nothing else to say really
    which must be good i suppose 🙂

the standard metal looking pads were bobbins tho
    i replaced them for sintered Hope which are much better

Everywhen
    Free Member

I run Tech 2.
    Much prefer them to the Avid brakes I had before.
    They just keep on working and have enough power for me.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The Tech lever/MC is much, much less flexible than the earlier Mini levers (black, silver or gunsmoke). Although it doesn't make the bite point harder, it makes the brake feel firmer (the lever assembly doesn't pull towards the bar when you brake) and removes the slightly vague feeling that the Mini would exhibit. The Tech lever also has the advantage of the BPC adjustment as well as the reach adjustment, both of which can easily be changed whilst you're on the move.

The Pro set-up is more expensive because it uses titanium hardware and a carbon lever blade.

firestarter
    Free Member

sounds good i was a little concerned with the reports of shift lever mounting problems then realised its for the ss lol and that the power was on the low side but good to get actual users feedback. thanks

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Replaced my Mono Minis with Tech X2's about 4 weeks ago. I liked the Monos but the X2's are just a bit better everywhere:

More absolute power – possibly helped by braided hoses
    Better lever – more grip and nicer shape
    Toolless reach adjust – I am a great fiddler so big plus for me
    Bite point ajust – good for adjusting feel to individual preference, and for balancing feel between front and rear

I also went for the matchmaker clamps for my SRAM X9 shifters and well impressed by them as well. Less clutter and perfect positioning

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

X2 here. Not had them long enough to give a proper report, but so far so good. They stop me when I want to stop, which is all I ask for (I'm 185 lbs btw). Bought mainly for ease of repair and setup, and I wanted matchmakers for X0 shifters. Not had any problems with lack of power, and I've put them through their paces on some steep, technical trails. Much better than the juicy 7's they replaced.

EDIT : Went for braided hose as well, which (apparently) gives you more stopping power.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone using hope tech x2 brakes ?’ is closed to new replies.