Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone using Hope floating rotors with XT brakes? Any issues?
  • jecca
    Free Member

As title really.

Any clearance issues with Hope floating rotors with XT calipers?
    Thanks.

singlespeedstu

I’ve got a couple of bikes set up like that.
    Had to file a little bit off the caliper on the rear of one of them to stop the rotor rivets hitting it.
    The other one was fine.

lesgrandepotato

No problems here.

Northwind

I used them with old M775s, very tight- caliper had to be absolutely centred. It did work though, til the rivets came loose on the rotors anyway.

scud
    Free Member

Hope rotors are that bit wider than Shimano ones, so as above they need to be centred perfectly, plus become that bit noisier when crammed with muck.

Ben_H

I’ve used Hope floating rotors with XT M775 and 785 discs, without issue. 🙂

D0NK

tried the old, old ones 765 with hope floaters and it would have needed some filing of the calliper, think 775s were identical callipers dunno about the new ones.

brassneck

Yes there is possibly an issue, depending on your rotor.

I’m now running XT M785, but I didn’t notice the Hope floating rotor I had was actually marked up as 183mm. Really annoying ‘ting’ noise when climbing out of the saddle. Spaced it out with a washer or two and reduced it, finally bought a real 180mm rotor (Ashira? In a sale in merlin and lighter than the Hope anyway) and that cured it completely.

The floating arms also brushed lightly against the calliper which removed most of the anodising, but that didn’t worry me really.

The brakes worked OK, but probably not optimally.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, I run that exact combo..
    No issues here.

jecca
    Free Member

I could remember some rivet/caliper clearance issues but couldn’t recall what caliper I was using. Might well have been an XTR 975.
    Thanks for the info. I’m going to sell the rotors and pick up some XT’s I think.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hope rotors are that bit wider than Shimano ones, so as above they need to be centred perfectly

+1

I’m using non-floating Hope rotors and Shimano brakes. No problem once setup correctly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using Hope floating rotors with XT brakes? Any issues?’ is closed to new replies.