Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone using either Airfoil or Porthole on their Mac?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I need something to send Spotify music to multiple Airplay devices from my iMac running SL this weekend. I know both of the above work and I like the fact that Porthole is only £10 but Airfoil has a graphic equaliser built in which I quite like.
    Anybody used both and which did you end up with?

allthegear
    Free Member

I thought Airfoil etc were used if you wanted to send Airplay audio *TO* the Mac, not from?

Surely to send music from the Mac, you just Option-click on the speaker in the menu bar and choose which Airplay device to send all the audio to?

Works for me…

Rachel

jam-bo

i think the clue is in multiple airplay receivers.

sharkbait
    Free Member

That method doesn’t work on Snow Leopard Rachel – only started with Mountain Lion. Airfoil can send music/sound from the Mac to Airport devices or any device running Airfoil Speaker.
    I’m just interested in sending to a few airplay devices simultaneously.

LenHankie

I use Airfoil to send from iMac desktop to two different stereos/ amp & speaker set ups, each with its own Airport Express connected

Lets you send things other than iTunes (eg Spotify, radio etc.) to the Airport Express connected speakers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using either Airfoil or Porthole on their Mac?’ is closed to new replies.