Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone using Deezer with Chromecast? Problems….
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

Got a Chromecast a few weeks back and I’m pleased with it, all the other Apps I use with it are fine besides Deezer.

If I try to cast from my IPhone, IPad or Android it doesn’t work properly….bring the album cover up then rolls through all the album tracks before going back to the main chromecast screen.

Any ideas? Thanks .

sadexpunk

just resurrecting this rather than start a new thread…..

ive got a baffling problem. everything casts ok to the chromecast apart from deezer. spotify, youtube, all ok, and deezer used to be until a few days ago.

i open deezer on my chromebook, start playing a playlist, the sounds coming from my chromebook, its playing fine. as soon as i cast it, the app opens on tv and shows my screen, but the music stops playing, the ‘play’ turns to ‘pause’ and just freezes, i cant do anything.
    strange thing is itll work ok from wifes chromebook and also my phone, its just my chromebook.

ive tried updating the chromebook, rebooting, still happens. i was advised to log out and back in, but i cant see any way of actually logging out of my account!

any ideas?

santacruzsi
    Free Member

i never got far with my issue so no further forward i’m afraid! Good luck

sadexpunk

are you still trying now tho mate or did you go with spotify in the end?

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I’ve not bothered with Deezer on the Chromecast anymore, in fact i’ve not used it for a while. I dont have a spoitfy account. I did email Deezer about this and they replied, i’ll see if i can find it!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

i have a free deezer account (with EE) and now i notice to store music offline you have to pay a fee. I’ve tried again just now to cast my music from my iphone, but when i press the cast button the Deezer ‘subscribe now’ ad comes up! Don’t think i’ll be paying.It works fine from Google chrome on my browser.

sadexpunk

hmmm….. im on a trial, so thats probably why i can download for offline use, if i dont subscibe itll probably delete my content.

i too emailed deezer, they replied saying it was a known issue between deezer and chromecast, and have added another month free to my trial for the inconvenience. still no good if i cant use it tho 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

Mine has never worked before but last week just started working for some reason

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Yes i used it free on my EE account for 2 years and really enjoyed it and got a lot of use from it, could save music offline and it had a lot of choice, but now EE and Deezer are no longer offering the service together, so if i wish to use it, it’ll cost £10 p/m. I may consider it but there is obviously others too!

somouk
    Free Member

EE and Deezer are now separate companies so don’t do the free offer any more.

The Deezer mobile subscription you have with EE should allow download of content to a mobile but not to a PC/Mac.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using Deezer with Chromecast? Problems….’ is closed to new replies.