Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone using Conti Mountain King Front/Speed King Rear?
  • rj
    Free Member

How you liking them?

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve run that set up on a couple of bikes … no problems to report, 2.2 rear, 2.4 front on a rigid SS and 2.2 F+R on a PA.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ve run the Speed King on the back and it’s been a great tyre everywhere I’ve been with it.
    Unlike the Race King I put up front which is almost directly responsible for my broken ribs.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Running Race King 2.0 on back and Mountain King 2.2 front at the moment.Quite liking this set up on my hardtail.If the rain starts falling shall try the Speed King 2.1 on the back!
    Thanx Max

run speed king f & r. Like them, They roll fast, not the greatest grip though. They do shed mud quite well. I run mine backwards for extra grip (negligable effect on rolling), I have the cheap hard compound and the do wear well.

gingerflash

I really didn’t like the speed kings at all. One of the worst tyres I’ve ever used. Not as fast-rolling as say Ralphs or SB8s but much less grip than either.

However, I really like mountain kings and have 2.4 supersonics front and back. I got a lot of pinchflats at first but they’re tubeless now so that’s no longer a problem. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using Conti Mountain King Front/Speed King Rear?’ is closed to new replies.