Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone using clug to store bikes?
  • sam_underhill

I like the idea. I wonder how they work in practice.
    http://www.getclug.com

Only downside I can think it’s that if your tyre goes flat, the bike will fall over.

steveoath
    Free Member

I picked one up for installing at work. Then cycling took off so we Ended up with a large rack. Decent bit of kit (the clug).

m360
    Free Member

Only downside I can think it’s that if your tyre goes flat, the bike will fall over.

This. Having regularly gone out to find a flat tyre I’d rather not find my bike on the floor! A simple rubber strap over the rim could have offered additional security.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wow how much and its not weight bearing

Pak of three sky hooks from bnq for a 5er

Tool free instalation – clug needs tools

Bike hangs from the roof- clug needs floor space

Bikes held by rim and doesnt care what width tires on – clug needs different sizes for different tires

Dont see the draw at all and as duncan bannatyne would say – “im out”

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

$25…for a hook…they saw you coming didn’t they.

Get one of these http://www.wilko.com/tool-bags-boxes+storage/wilko-hook-storage-coated-red-large/invt/0161736 and send me the rest of the money if you’ve got that kind of cash to throw around.

matt_outandabout

Clug = Cludgie?

flap_jack
    Free Member

trail rat – I think you’d want to pilot them into something strong enough to hold a few bikes…but yes, the clug is dumbness incarnate.

nickdavies

Not sure I’m that fussed for the clug, I’d rather something to grip the wheel and be fixed to it via a strap or something.

However, selling the files to print at home? That’s a cool idea. Are we all going to have £50 3d printers at home soon??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using clug to store bikes?’ is closed to new replies.