Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anyone using Carnegie's bars?
  • rOcKeTdOg

thoughts?, didn't really get on with Mary's and i'm running flats atm, but might like a bit more comfort/width but don't need the rise of risers, how are they for climbing/hooning around?

miketually
    Free Member

Non-rise ones on the way, I believe.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They work upside down an all.If you did'nt feel the mary's I suspect you won't find the carnegies too different.Super comfortable and great when seated,but the sweep forces your elbows 'in' and makes it a little awkward getting your weight over the front wheel.This may just be a quirk of my riding style and ss usage (always stood up!).Sold mine but might get another pair for commute/2nd/monstercross bike….or woodchippers.Salsa 17 degree flats maybe??

keavo
    Free Member

you might like fleegles.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Try a titec J bar.

brant
    Free Member

Flat and flipped ones coming.

ps: it's all in the angle. Loosen bar clamp bolts, close your eyes and wiggle.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I didn't get on with them but you might. No doubt they were comfortable but I found I had less control in tricky technical situations.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Eh Brant…..what ever happened to them drops you were doin?

brant
    Free Member

I found I had less control in tricky technical situations.

I wondered about that, but I rode mmmbop steps with them, no drama.

Eh Brant…..what ever happened to them drops you were doin?

Oh man – nightmare on them – I think we have it this time. I cut lots of slots in the samples, rebent them, hand carried them to Taiwan, only to find they'd snapped when I got there – so I taped them back together, and we made a drawing from the sample, and hopefully we can make a production model from the drawing, and we'll get there!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

It wasn't a massive problem but think I tend to push my elbows out in techy stuff which the Carnegie's don't encourage

brant
    Free Member

I think if you run them flatter, that can be a problem. I always tend to angle them down a bit more.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anyone using Carnegie's bars?’ is closed to new replies.