Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone Using Avid Elixir CR Brakes?
  • Shepdon
    Free Member

As title, thinking of changing from Hope Mono Mini to these but are they any good?
    Regards

Lesanita2
    Free Member

yes ok. Avid are no better. I prefer the Englishness of Hope and the superior back-up. Why change. I’d chose Hope everytime given a choice.

monsteryeti
    Free Member

the avids are closer to M4 Tech performance. I had M4’s which were great on my last bike, got CR’s on my 575 and so far are great. Powerful, light and feel is pretty good. dont overheat much either.

but M4’s and hope generally are sound

mrh86

I use hope tech m4 brakes and I imagine you could get better power from other manufacturers. However, back up from hope is worth it. readily available spares (which are reasonable priced) and hope will fix anything that goes wrong with them!

bol

I’ve been using Elixirs since they came out. Really like them despite the need for fairly regular bleeding. They don’t look like something you might find on an old tractor either, which is nice.

jools182
    Free Member

I bought some cr carbons a couple of weeks ago

they seem great so far

the front one could do with a bleed though, and it arrived like this

just building up the courage to tackle it. I might end up waiting until the weather turns so I don’t miss any riding on the dry, dusty trails 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Using Avid Elixir CR Brakes?’ is closed to new replies.