Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone using any d30 yet?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Would be interested to know of any experiences/thoughts. Am pondering some armour and this seems an idea…!

younggeoff

I'm trying to find where to get some XC d3o pads. Anyone know the 661 importer / distributor so I can give them a call

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

MMA SPORTS LTD

01792 467467

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Not quite mtb but I have a 3do impact vest for kitesurfing and really like it, very light and very flexible. Not constrictive at all. Good technology imho, i'd look for it in protective stuff for other sports.

Grimy
    Free Member

I've had some 661 evo d30 elbow pads since early last year. I think they are great for elbow pads, very very flexible, dont know your wearing them an all that, whislt giving suprising protection, as tested out with a big hammer 8O. Dont slip down and certainly dont restrict arm movment at all, unlike the veggie wings i tryed, my god they were rubbish.

Couple of offs at lee quary, cant say weather the elbow pads took any really big hits, but I've been unscathed on all ocasions, so they may have just done the job properly.

That said, I couldnt justify the cost for the evo knee pads, and went with the kyle straits for my legs. That joint articulates a lot less than the elbows, and I recon knees are subject to more impact force where the hard shell wont impeed movment as much and offer more protection.

Northwind

I have the D30 shorts… How protective they are, I'm unsure- they feel like they lack a bit of coverage really- but they're so unobtrusive while worn, the most noticable part of the feel is the lycra not the pads, which is impressive. Probably not the best for armouring but they could well be the best for comfort, so I'd say they've delivered on promise there. I just wish they had better hip coverage.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks all. Some interesting thoughts there. Time to go and try some on, I think!

stevede
    Free Member

I picked up some evo knee pads quite cheap, really like them, thought my kyle straits where comfortable but these are even better, can't say i'd pay retail for them when you can pick up kyle straits for about £30 if you look hard enough.
    If money is no object i'd recommend investing in some.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I bought some 661 D30 knee pads last summer and whilst I've not fallen off in them yet (XC lite…) they're fine for pedalling in for a fair few hours and a massive improvement in comfort and fit over the veggie / Kyle Strait ones I've tried previously. Oh – and they keep your knees warm too…

jonathan
    Free Member

The 661 Evo Lite XC pads do look interesting for "everyday" padding, but apparently they're not coming to the UK 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using any d30 yet?’ is closed to new replies.