Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • anyone using a Polar wrist watch as a bike computer?
  • megastream
    Free Member

I’ve got a Garmin 705 at the moment but looking at a Polar RS800 watch with the bike sensor (speed, maybe cadence for my road bike)

After opinions on the Polars on a bike.

TIA

Wookster

HRM is very good you can have issues with the speed in a long travel fork though, cadence is good to on the road bike.

Pooley
    Free Member

Yeah, sort of. Using S725X as a wrist watch. Really good bike computer. Tells the time quite well too!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lucien

I’ve used 2 S710’s for the last 6 years, until I broke the strap on one and the PC couldn’t deal with the Polar Software (no Windows 7.0 version) so changed to a Garmin, but miss the watch element. Worked on and off the bike perfectly.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I used to use a Polar S710 but my Edge 705 does so much more.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep, I use the CS300, no complaints here either.

I swap it about between my roadbike which is pretty much permanently hooked up to the turbo and my XC bike, but I leave the cadence on the roady.

The speed sensor seems fine on both (hooked up to the back wheel when on the turbo).

The soniclink thing is utter junk though, in hindsight I would have got on that works with the flowlink so I could look at the data when I am bored at work…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anyone using a Polar wrist watch as a bike computer?’ is closed to new replies.