Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Anyone using a Phablet / big screen phone or alternatives??
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m talking proper big phone 6″+ screen. Couple of things pushing me in this direction, new phone wanted, desire for a tablet as well (even tho I probably don’t really need one), viewing a small screen is a bit of a struggle now I’m nearly 50, some apps I have would be nicer on a bigger screen.

Don’t make that many calls or texts, don’t play games much or watch stuff…. Do use apps, surf net, chromecast, email, satnav, gps, control heating/lights, camera, skype / hangouts, music / radio.

Obviously the worries are, turns out to be an expensive mistake, too big and clumsy, won’t fit in pockets, no convenient place in the car, def won’t be able to go jogging with it.

I’m thinking a 6″ screen would be ok, but tempted to buy a 7″ of some description, altho a lot of the options don’t appear to be launched in the UK ie Huawei P8 Max, mediapad X2.

Anyone with any real experience of living with a big phone or even constantly having to manage a small tablet on your person?

loddrik
    Free Member

Not quite 6″ but use an iphone 6 plus. Doesn’t even seem that big now I’m used to it. Getting used to typing using both thumbs was the biggest adjustment. I’ve not yet found a pocket it doesn’t comfortably fit in but you’re right about the car thing. All of the places I’ve been used to keeping my phones, in my car, the wife’s or my work vehicle no longer fits this phone. It’s a small bugbear. Wife has a 5s and it feels comically small now comparer to mine. I have found I watch YouTube video a lot more on the plus. Now I’ve made the leap to a large phone it’d be difficult to go back again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using a Phablet / big screen phone or alternatives??’ is closed to new replies.