Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone using a Blackberry 9320?
  • st

and if so how is it?

After a couple of years using a HTC Desire I’m thinking about going back to something simpler.

Before the HTC I had a couple of Blackberrys and liked them. I do a fair bit of emailing from my phone and the touch screen had lost it’s appeal.

I’m aware I’ll lose the web browising capability and Angry birds but can live with this.

I can’t stretch to a 9360 but the 9320 looks alright (apart from a basic camera).

cheers_drive

I’ve got one for work. I’d rather have a smartphone to occupy me when I’m travelling but it is good for business use and just works well, doesn’t crash and the battery lasts ages.

billyboulders
    Free Member

I don’t have one but for some reason they’re very popular with my twelve year old daughter and all her mates (think they like the BBM for organising riots etc!) Anyway hers is currently back under warranty for the second time in six months with the same fault (track-pad thingy not working) this seems to be very common and alot of her friends have experienced the same thing. To be fair they are using them all the bloody time* but given this obvious design/hardware fault I would avoid personally.

*Whatever happened to playing in the park, jumpers for goalposts etc. Kids today, I dunno, moan, moan, grumble, grumble etc, etc. 😉

scruff
    Free Member

😛

DaveRambo

My 12yr old daughter also has one – as do most of her friends (indeed the peer group ownership was the motivating model choice)
    It’s interesting that one of her friends who owns an iPhone 4S is trying to get a BB.

I got it for her on a contract with 3 – £15 a month capped at 0 so she can’t spend anything extra on it. She uses it quite a bit but not all the time. Seems to do most things reasonably well.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I had a Blackberry at work for a year. Absolutely the worst phone I have had in years. OS is horribly clunky, browsing is awful, camera is useless, apps not available etc. RIM are going to crash and burn for good reason.

They are good if you want to send gazillions of messages to other BB users because they are data messages not texts (note only works to other BB’s), or if you like a querty keyboard. Personally I find the BB keyboard too small and I type faster on my iPhone soft keyboard

st

Ta everyone. The issues over Blackberry software is something I reckon I can live with having used a couple in the past for quite a while. Push email is something I really do miss and I did seem to get on well with the dinky but real keys.

I think it’s a case of looking at them as clever regular phones rather than full-on smartphones (by today’s standards).

mainly interested in how the particular model works and any comparisions to the model above I guess.

xiphon
    Free Member

Blackberry – most widely used paperweights in the IT industry.

Hate the things with a passion.

st

erm, thanks…

snakebite
    Free Member

laddo swapped his HTC for a 9320 on sat, even the guys in the shop looked confused….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using a Blackberry 9320?’ is closed to new replies.