Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone using a back pack strap mount for a Gopro ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Thinking of buying a Gopro but I don’t want to look like a teletubby with a camera on the top of my head (plus I have a nasty habit of losing helmet light mounts on low branches). I also don’t fancy another set of straps in addition to my pack with a chest mount (and end up looking like Edward Scissor hands).

So I was thinking a mount that wraps around the backpack shoulder strap, like one of these. I use an Evoc pack which is nice and tight so no movement in the straps.

Any experience, any issues with the filming results, any other words of wisdom would be appreciated ?

Cheers

whitestone
    Free Member

I doubt you’ll get it tight enough. The chest mount has to be almost uncomfortably tight to avoid the worst of the shaking. I’ve never been able to get any rucksack anywhere near that tight.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

As per above will be the wobbliest rubbish you’ve ever seen.

Chest mount or visor mount is the way forwards.

porter_jamie

That’s a peak design capture clip copy. I have a capture clip. I used it in the alps. Tbh the results were a bit meh. I used a helmet mount the next time and the results were much better imo.

excitable1
    Free Member

I’ve seen the Peak Design and apart from the price (£65 8O), the camera has to stick out a lot further on a snake neck whereas on the Polar Pro it’s up against the chest more.

I use an Evoc FR Enduro back back and the shoulder straps are really snug and tight with a cross chest brace (that would interfere with a chest mount), but from what you’re saying it’s still going to get crap results ?

SooperCooper
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these Stuntman Pro

Works ok, slightly shakier than a chest mount but will do what you need and less faff than putting on a pack AND a chest mount.

Klunk
    Free Member

I botched a shoulder strap mount for my camelbak out of some of the bits/attachments that came with the camera. It attached to the webbing on the front of the strap between a filed down “base plate” and a mount clip. It made for a very stable mount in a good position to reach, though i did look very “Predator”.

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s not that much faff putting on a chest mount, it’s a put on at start of ride and then forget thing IMO. Remember to put the Gopro into the mount upside down so you can get the camera to the correct angle (it will auto rotate the images). Use the Gopro camera app to check the view then remember the angle via number of fingers behind the camera or similar.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using a back pack strap mount for a Gopro ?’ is closed to new replies.