Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • anyone used those plastic flat pedals on a proper ride?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

you know – those BMX inspired plastic/nylon pedlas with pins. look pretty light, but not sure if theyre made for 'proper' riding – if you know what i mean. like these below….

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=44061

anyone tried some?

BigDummy
    Free Member

My Karate Monkey came from Brixton Cycles with some plastic flats (pins and all). They are OK so far (I can't be bothered to change them) and tolerably grippy on 5/10s.

I haven't given the sort of savage twatting into the ground that would be a real test, but I've not been gentle particularly.

gordimhor

I use them often since I like spd for easier ground but like to be able to part company from the bike on tricky descents, and i do part company with my bike …..frequently

brakes
    Free Member

I've seen a dog chew off a plastic pedal
    do you have a dog?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

me too – no dog fortunately!

gordimhor – so, are they any good?

tron
    Free Member

Nope, but I did spot a plastic pedal on the trail on Sunday morning, of the type fitted to Halfords bikes. I bet that was horrible moment for whoever lost it.

davidjgrant
    Free Member

I lost a plastic pedal once near the beginning of a ride after a stack, and had to cycle on using the one good pedal and the pedal axle. Could have been worse, but boy, was that a long ride.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘anyone used those plastic flat pedals on a proper ride?’ is closed to new replies.